• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Richard Stearman

Alan

…unlucky Del - No chance 😉
Reaction score
Based on what I've heard over the past few weeks, it seems that our most veteran center half is in quite imperious form at the back.

There's been some mild discussion in the past over what level he can really take it to, so my question here is simple. From those who have been able to see far more of Richard than I have, do you think he may be able to step up to the Premier League again? Or would he be looking at getting replaced if/when we get promoted?

The Vincent Kompany of the Wanderers..

He is probably bottom six premier league standard. Any higher than that is over-selling him, although he has been fucking magnificent for us this season.

He is probably bottom six premier league standard. Any higher than that is over-selling him, although he has been fucking magnificent for us this season.

Maybe he is coming into the prime of his career. He was decent for us in our first two seasons in the PL, despite being played at RBI think his concentration was often lacking, but he was always committed to the cause.

TBH, when Mick loaned him at Ipswich, I thought we'd seen the last of him, but fair play, since he returned he's been superb and if his form keeps improving, could turn out to be defensive stalwart a la Jody Craddock

Stearman did get the Craddock chant at one point during the second half. He was indeed excellent tonight, not sure if he'd take the Craddock chant as a positive or not though.

He's excellent on the ball. And the more consistently he plays, the more consistently he performs. I'm a fan

Stearman did get the Craddock chant at one point during the second half. He was indeed excellent tonight, not sure if he'd take the Craddock chant as a positive or not though.

Why would Craddock's chant be negative?

"He used to be shite, but now he's alright", isn't exactly a glowing endorsement

Is that how the chant goes? Yeah, that'd be a little weird.

We had a chat about player of the year so far and we all pretty much agreed that although there was no stand outplayer it would be Stearman.

Maybe he is coming into the prime of his career. He was decent for us in our first two seasons in the PL, despite being played at RBI think his concentration was often lacking, but he was always committed to the cause.

Yeah, I think people forget how young he actually was in 2009 (he's only 27 now), and defenders (like goalkeepers) do tend to get better with age until their legs go. He is a better player now than he was then, and should improve a bit more over the next 5 years.

Back