• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rotherham 1 v Wolves 2 at least its 3 points verdict thread

Nonsense, read the Matchday thread after the team was announced and the response to Henry's goal, a win does not fit many Wolves fans current agenda, a Manager whose team have just won rarely gets the sack.

When I said not here, I meant from my personal point of view. Though to be honest Trev, I have never really understood your dislike of your fellow fans.

Each to their own, Je ne regrette rein.

Nice work from Graham for the goals and an intelligent pass from Edwards to put him in for the first assist

Neither do I. However, if you think I don't want us to win, you are wrong. And wanting us to win can fit with my comments about the selection and nonsense of it.

I don't think I ever said that you or anyone else didn't want us to win, what I said was winning games doesn't help the current agenda to have the Manager sacked.

I don't think I ever said that you or anyone else didn't want us to win, what I said was winning games doesn't help the current agenda to have the current Manager sacked.

If we win then there is no agenda.....

If you can guarantee me a scrappy 2-1 win every single week between now and the end of the season then I'd gladly take it. Because we'd probably win the league. However that obviously won't happen, we can only realistically improve in the medium term if we start playing better football, start approaching games with a more attacking mindset, get obvious weak links out of the starting XI, get the best out of our top players, none of which Kenny Jackett is doing at present. I hope he does it, nothing would make me happier, I don't think it'll happen though, today hasn't changed anything as such. If you're asking me right now do I think he needs to be sacked, I would say yes, in the wider picture it's a necessity unless we fancy wasting a few months. I don't want us to lose to hasten that process and nor do I find it inconvenient that we've won today, not in the slightest. I don't understand what it is you're driving at, unless you're aiming at imaginary arguments that haven't been made or the mindset of people who don't post on here (and in this context, as such are irrelevant).

I don't rate Jackett and i don't think he can take us anywhere, i wasn't happy with the team today and i don't think struggling to beat Rotherham is going to turn it all around. Even after all that i didn't want us to lose today and i do not want us to lose any game even if it means Jackett will get the sack, i'd rather he proved me wrong and we looked a good side and went on a run to take us into the play-offs.

Spot on Slink. I do wonder why Superfans think they're better than everybody else.

I guess I'm just making a point that you or anyone else for that matter probably doesn't agree with and that is, in the current climate Wolves fans seem to be more motivated when we lose than whe we win.
Having said that, I suppose that's always been the case with all fans.

Spot on Slink. I do wonder why Superfans think they're better than everybody else.

Please never mistake a super fan for someone who doesn't get worked up over certain players or the ability of the Manager.

Glad we won today, but I am one of those who believes Ken has taken us as far as he can.

Question: if we were miraculously able to finish in the play offs and get promoted, how many on here would want him as manager in a PL campaign?

Glad we won today, but I am one of those who believes Ken has taken us as far as he can.

Question: if we were miraculously able to finish in the play offs and get promoted, how many on here would want him as manager in a PL campaign?

If KJ achieved promotion then he would deserve to stay on in the Premier League. And we are only five points off the sixth place.

I guess I'm just making a point that you or anyone else for that matter probably doesn't agree with and that is, in the current climate Wolves fans seem to be more motivated when we lose than whe we win.
Having said that, I suppose that's always been the case with all fans.

Rubbish. If you think fans are more motivated by losing you have completely lost it. Look at the support the team and manager have had during the previous two seasons for evidence of this.

He would have earned the chance but at the same time in each of his last three seasons we've been quite reliant on after-deadline-day loan signings which we won't have in the Premier League so hopefully both he and....and whoever the hell would own the club by then would be willing to splash the cash

If KJ achieved promotion then he would deserve to stay on in the Premier League. And we are only five points off the sixth place.

No he wouldn't, but I can understand why fans think this way. Mick McCarthy isn't a good prem manager nor is Neil Warnock, both have achieved more than KJ.

If KJ pulls it round then yes he should stay, especially if he manages to get us up via the playoffs!

Today he got lucky, but he deserves to take the result in his favour as much as he'd have deserve the negativity had we lost/drawn.

Sadly I agree, think this is his level and we'll continue to mull about in this division and god forbids go back down. But as it stands we're in no mans land, how do you go about replacing him, do we wait for another miserable run up till the new year.. We are unbeaten in a few now and today has settled things down again. Could it be a double headed home defeats in the next week seal the deal.. I have no idea.

Rubbish. If you think fans are more motivated by losing you have completely lost it. Look at the support the team and manager have had during the previous two seasons for evidence of this.

A bit like 'sing when we're winning' you mean?, there's argument that Teams need even more support when things aren't going well.

Back