• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rotherham (H) Build Up

Amazing what happens when you stop hammering the ball aimlessly around the pitch. I hope Lambert is gone after this.

Just saw someone say that Marshall's passing was a bright spot, he's obviously too new to know the Wolves hoofing way

Fucking hell what an awful half of 'football '. The worst team in the league but we're worse. As soon as we won the penalty I said we'd miss. Lucky to have scored as it saved a round of half time boos. Nice through ball by Marshall but a better defence would have beaten Weimann to it. He rounded the keeper to leave himself with a simple finish but had Dicko or Bod been on I think they'd have fucked it up.

Ultimate game of crab football and head tennis. I'm sure Lambert's bullshit about dominance and possession is based upon short passes back and forth and back to Ikeme that achieve nothing.

Yawnfest but at least we're winning

I always want wolves to win but hope that this doesn't give lambert a stay of execution

Price is trying with his passing but keeps over hitting any long-ball or through ball to the front three.

1-0 up at half time and booed off. $#@!ing rubbish.

Didn't hear any booing in the North Bank.
Gotta say,I'm enjoying the match,at least Rotherham arent
Just mass defending.
That said,id take Edwards off 2nd half.

I always want wolves to win but hope that this doesn't give lambert a stay of execution

He would not be the first manager to get sacked after a win. Let's see this out first though. Desperately need 3 points.

Really not sure we need Saiss sitting deep as Rotherham really are not going to be attacking in great numbers despite being behind now

Need someone to carry & pass the ball further up the field

No changes as they come out for the second half - needs to not wait to long as they are needed now

Costa shot - well saved, Weimann onto the loose ball manages to turn & get it back across to Costa - not a great second shot & wide

Reverse ball by Price gets Saville away - cross, but no one in the box & across to Coady

Cross in met by Edwards, but didn't get enough on it & easily saved

Bod, Dicko & MGW warming up

Price with a good run to Costa to Edwards who gets nothing on it and it's a gentle lob to their keeper...
I wouldn't even call that a shot on target.

Wow! Fulham stuffing Newcastle 3-0 at Newcastle!!
Don't we play them soon?

Bod on, but Costa coming off - why

Don't need 3 of Edwards/Saiss/Price all on

Bod run - gets into the area but shot just over

Decent but still not on target

Oh dear... Costa brought off with Weimann coming over to the right with Dadi in the hotspot...
Anyone comfortable with this?

Bodvarson with a great run dodges a defender and smashes it in but it's a touch high. That would have been a good start.
But it wasn't.

Can you imagine Norwich sacking their manager after a little run of poor form sees them drop outside the PLAYOFFS!
I bet Lambert must be kacking himself!

Sounds as if Marshall has improved since he first came in - not sure that there are any other improvements seen

Back