• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Season ticket details released

We know it’s been a frustrating season, and we know that marketing catchphrases will just wind you up

Is somebody there taking the piss? They have not got a clue ..

No thanks Jez. Not this time.

With low numbers renewing their ST's, and the parachute payments ending soon, coupled with Morgan selling up and not investing any further in the club, we could be facing a serious financial crisis in the next few years if the current situation drags on....

I don't think holding prices is 'terrible'. I stand by my previous comment that 10k will renew, but the monthly payments still charge interest and the notion that if you don't go your mate can have your ticket is just strange as its being happening ever since season tickets were implemented, to formalise it is pointless. Are they really so naive that they don't know this happens? I think the deals for U12's are decent, but there isn't an incentive for an adult to buy a ticket to take them.

I don't see the innovative initiatives that Moxey spoke of the other evening here.

I don't see the innovative initiatives that Money spoke of the other evening here.

I can only assume there is further news to come regarding this as none of today's announcements are initiatives at all.

Freezing the prices is basically the minimum they could do, they couldn't very well increase prices with attendances falling, the quality of the squad miles down from a year ago, the standard of football being dreadful and our four home wins all season. I don't know why they're bothering having this price and a summer price, this offer is open to everyone and no-one is going to pay more in another six months. If you want a season ticket then you'll buy one now, if not then you won't at all.

Re: financial issues. Without a buyer we'll just end up as we were under Sir Jack in 2006. Parachute money gone, crowds down, investment in the squad down, the club will run at a loss but the owner will have to underwrite it ultimately as if he can't sell it when there is no debt, he certainly isn't going to sell it if it does have debt. It wouldn't make any sense for him to make his investment worth less anyway, there's a difference between propping it up and actively investing money.

You can expect us to be highly susceptible to bids for our better players from now on, this much has been clear for a while though. It's why the "I'd rather stay in the Championship and win a few more games" argument (not that that's even working out this season, or indeed in 2012/13...so two out of our last three seasons at this level it doesn't even work by definition anyway) has always been intrinsically flawed, you are basically condemning yourself to a long stretch of any decent players leaving very quickly. I would not be surprised if Iorfa left this summer and if Dicko and Graham come back from injury without any ill effects then they'll likely be out the door a further 6-12 months down the line as well.

A ex work colleague of mine who travels to away games often rings me to ask for my season ticket numbers to get tickets, they are seriously naïve if they think that that hasn't been going on for years.

It's not the price and it doesn't bother me if they don't spend millions on players but I have absolutely no faith in Moxey and Thelwell being able to progress the club. Just when you think it cannot get any worse you get the circus we've had this week. If I was one of our starlets I would want out. More tripe tomorrow and I feel the dissent will begin to muster. Whole new ball game - Greed League 2.

You caught my phones auto-correct Deutsch before I got to change it, although it has a sort of irony to it. For all the reasons you have suggested I don't see anyone who hasn't got a ticket currently getting one and a reasonable proportion of those that do won't bother. 2/3 of the last home games I've been to I paid £12 and £12.50 for. I went to Bolton last week and sat smack behind the goal a few rows from the back. It was a fantastic view and my lads ticket was free as it was a Young Wolves game....why bother with a ST if you aren't already there and want to retain your seat?

You still get the merchandise cash so not all is lost. Mine from this year is still sitting there though, as all the stuff is a cheap load of tat.

You caught my phones auto-correct Deutsch before I got to change it, although it has a sort of irony to it. For all the reasons you have suggested I don't see anyone who hasn't got a ticket currently getting one and a reasonable proportion of those that do won't bother. 2/3 of the last home games I've been to I paid £12 and £12.50 for. I went to Bolton last week and sat smack behind the goal a few rows from the back. It was a fantastic view and my lads ticket was free as it was a Young Wolves game....why bother with a ST if you aren't already there and want to retain your seat?

Precisely. Coming up to three years that I've been going match by match. I've missed one non-televised game. I've never had a problem sitting where I want to, I sit in one of the best "viewing" positions in the ground (appreciate that others like to sit in the singing sections). Chuck in special offers, what I get for being a member, knock the TV games off the £207 difference between a ST on the Early Bird and going to every game individually...financially there is zero benefit so why would I bother?

I was umming and aahing over whether to go tomorrow as we are so shit and I have spent so many games this season just willing it to end, in the end I've relented. But it was my choice, if I decided to give it a miss then it's my decision and I've lost nothing, I haven't paid up front. That flexibility doesn't exist with a ST. I won't be at two of the next three home games after this one as they're on TV, again I avoid the annoyance this causes to STHs, I haven't paid anything, I won't go.

The thing that annoys me about the prices being frozen is that next year they'll use this as an excuse when they bump them up again. After they raised prices following our promotion into the Championship (FFS) they cited the previous two seasons, conveniently forgetting that the only reason prices were frozen was that we'd been relegated 2 seasons in a row and that we were still running on Premier League prices.

I'm getting mine regardless. The occasional breakfast the obligatory pre match pint (s) followed by a very short, these days, moan about how shit it was then onto more drinks bumping into people have a laugh the odd dance, when very drunk, and maybe crappy takeaway and a taxi home. It's what my Saturday, okay or Sunday, Monday evening, Friday evening - courtesy of Sky, is for

The below is from the Early Bird circular I have received today"

"We know it’s been a frustrating season, and we know that marketing catchphrases will just wind you up. So instead we’ll leave it to a season ticket holder to sum it up in how own words.Click here to watch the This Is Our Love poem"

Now I don't working in Marketing, but isn't that a Marketing catchphrase?

Oh and the typo isn't mine.

This gem made me want to vomit into a polystyrene cup:

It's not just support. It's a legacy. Pass it on.

:icon_lol:

Similarly, I got an email from the club earlier. Apparently, Derby are the next visitors to Molineix - whatever that is?

Work Experience chap in charge of marketing I see.

I love it when Wolves do things wrong....they always go that extra mile.

:icon_lol:

A classic, but not quite as bad as when they unveiled the new kit with the badge sewn on upside down.

Or the one without a badge on at all? I think David Davis modelled it?

Dougie Devlin, came through the youths with Richards, Steve Daley, Alan Sunderland, Geoff Palmer etc.

Wouldn't call him a legend though, not sure whether he ever played in the first team.