• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Utd 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

That's fine, we're all entitled to our subjective opinion. But that's all it is.

For me, crying and getting all that attention as a result is a deflection by an immature personality. You'd think it was a goal that relegated us.

Just because an appraisal is harsh it doesn't mean its wrong
Harsh...

This is a young kid who is well aware of how his standing with Wolves fans, and indeed his lack of minutes.
This season, every single minute he gets he needs to prove he is worth more minutes, and to the fans that he is not shit.

He feels like he has let everyone down, you could see the players coming round him, trying to consol him.

Who knows what this will do to his Mental health, no one on this board knows.

If you don't think him or someone who knows him does not see what's said and he has no knowledge then your naive at best.

He was shocking today, but that does not mean he deserves to give a penalty or some of the disgraceful comments on here.

As I mentioned in my original comment i included twitter too. He probably doesn’t read this forum but he might, he definitely will see the comments to him on twitter and insta. I maintain that some of them are just not needed and people can be better.

Rubbish, that's not what you said at all

You mentioned Twitter in passing, it was all about the forum comments, which were a 'fucking outrageous' 'pile on' and 'disgusting'

Mary Whitehouse-style, moral posturing bollocks and nothing to do with mental health. No-one on here is DMing Fabio or calling him a useless cunt in the street.

It's a fucking forum, am I not allowed to say Brendan Fraser is shit in the new Scorsese film either in case he reads it and freaks out? Get to fuck :rolleyes:

This season, every single minute he gets he needs to prove he is worth more minutes, and to the fans that he is not shit.

Who knows what this will do to his Mental health, no one on this board knows.
Problem is that he is shit. He isn't a Premier league footballer in any capacity.

I also think this will have a massive impact on his mental health and I genuinely wonder if he can recover from it.

Best thing for Fabio is to move him on to a low league team in Portugal where he scores a few and manages to have a half decent career without the pressure of being a 35 million quid player in the Premier league.

If by some miracle Fabio reads this forum it’s very ill advised.
Fans venting on a forum is probably the best place to do it, not as if anyone has made any threatening comments towards him.
He’ll absolutely receive far worse on Twitter etc and in person at some point.

Rubbish, that's not what you said at all

You mentioned Twitter in passing, it was all about the forum comments, which were a 'fucking outrageous' 'pile on' and 'disgusting'

Mary Whitehouse-style, moral posturing bollocks and nothing to do with mental health. No-one on here is DMing Fabio or calling him a useless cunt in the street.

It's a fucking forum, am I not allowed to say Brendan Fraser is shit in the new Scorsese film either in case he reads it and freaks out? Get to fuck :rolleyes:
You said him crying was immature - that in itself is disgusting
You said it was attention seeking with no fucking proof.
We have a young kid carrying the weight of a 35 million quid tag, (not his fault). Who has played hardly any minutes, comes on too eager to make an impact, gets carded in 30 seconds. Then get fucked by the Ref and Var.

If he walks of smiling every cunt is destroying him, he was distraught no doubt as much about his performance as costing us points.

I'm sure this forum will be the last thing on Fabio's mind. As I've no doubt if he dips into his DM's on either of the two social media platforms he's on, then he'll be getting a hell of a lot worse than what's been posted on here.

Get rid of VAR and I am not sure that penalty is given. I am sure refs are hoping that VAR will give them an out. VAR is making referees worse.
Unlikely given the ref watched it with GO and still insisted it was a penalty. Until the people operating VAR are completely separate from the refs it will continue as it is beyond doubt they lose objectivity and try and support their colleagues.

Unlikely given the ref watched it with GO and still insisted it was a penalty. Until the people operating VAR are completely separate from the refs it will continue as it is beyond doubt they lose objectivity and try and support their colleagues.
I'm sure with people being people then our sporting director abusing officials in the tunnel isn't going to get improved decision making either.

I'm sure this forum will be the last thing on Fabio's mind. As I've no doubt if he dips into his DM's on either of the two social media platforms he's on, then he'll be getting a hell of a lot worse than what's been posted on here.

Any celebrity who allows DMs from total randoms on their social media accounts is fucking stupid

Problem is that he is shit. He isn't a Premier league footballer in any capacity.

I also think this will have a massive impact on his mental health and I genuinely wonder if he can recover from it.

Best thing for Fabio is to move him on to a low league team in Portugal where he scores a few and manages to have a half decent career without the pressure of being a 35 million quid player in the Premier league.
He does not think he is shit, he believes he is good enough for the premier League, players need confidence in there own ability, he has struggled lately.

He does not think he is shit, he believes he is good enough for the premier League, players need confidence in there own ability, he has struggled lately.
Doesn't really matter what he thinks. He's miles away off being a PL player and at 21 is unlikely to ever be and certainly won't ever while he's at Wolves.

Agreed he needs confidence in his ability, there are no top flight players who don't believe in their ability.

Belief doesn't equal reality though, and Fabio struggles in every department. Slow, ponderous touch, poor finishing and always offside.

I don't blame him, I blame Jeff for his hubris in buying him for 35 million. Fabio should have had a decent career kicking about in Portugal, instead we spent millions on a kid with no attributes and threatened his mental health by playing him in one of the toughest leagues in the world.

I'm sure with people being people then our sporting director abusing officials in the tunnel isn't going to get improved decision making either.
That only carries water if you believe they are not trying to make the correct decisions all the time. If they are influenced by criticism they are bent not incompetent, and sadly that view is becoming increasingly difficult to argue against.

Agreed he needs confidence in his ability, there are no top flight players who don't believe in their ability.

Belief doesn't equal reality though, and Fabio struggles in every department. Slow, ponderous touch, poor finishing and always offside.

I don't blame him, I blame Jeff for his hubris in buying him for 35 million. Fabio should have had a decent career kicking about in Portugal, instead we spent millions on a kid with no attributes and threatened his mental health by playing him in one of the toughest leagues in the world.

This is a good point he should never have come here and would’ve been far better settled staying at home forging a career there, he’d probably have build up far better confidence and been far more affective.
The fee isn’t his fault it’s the buffoons who agreed on the deal. The PL is brutal for any seasoned pro let alone someone forging a career. Not offering excuses for him as he absolutely could do more.

Back