• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sheff Utd 2-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Unfortunately Sasa wasn't effective enough through the middle, so we probably need to go back to Cunha there and just play Bellegarde wide right.
Based on what?

Cunha was fine doing what he did today as was Sasa. Hwang was missing all game.

Can't play a front 3 with 2. Cunha and Hwang should've been swapped or play Sarabia there instead.

Bellegarde just isn't a right winger and I've no idea why you think he is. It's bonkers.

I think it's important we don't get blinded by VAR today, the penalty is another shitshow but groundhog day again with chances going begging and poor/no responses from the bench when Sheffield United made tactical/personnel changes.

If we just plead conspiracy, corruption or good old incompetence it takes focus away from those things that are within our control.

You do you. Crack on if you’re comfortable with some of the comments. You’re a grown man, don’t feel guilty if you’re ok with it.

My point still stands that i think you can criticise someone without getting personal and especially when he didn’t actually commit the offence. If he does the read the comments the lads gonna need to have thick skin.

You can feel and express if you think criticism is OTT, but playing the mental health card as some kind of Gotcha is lame IMO, just a guilt trip method to stifle opinion.

Did you stick up this vociferously for Adama, Doc, Vallejo, Podence, Guedes, Marcal, Willian Jose and Donk when they got slagged off?

Unfortunately Sasa wasn't effective enough through the middle, so we probably need to go back to Cunha there and just play Bellegarde wide right.

Probably should have posted this on the matchday thread just before you closed it

Look, I'm not Fab, but if I break down in tears and the response is "you're just attention-seeking, those aren't real"; well, that ain't exactly doing me any favors.

Based on what?
The game today. I don't think he even had a shot all game. He was far too languid and lacked any tempo. Some nice layoffs but ultimately ineffective at being an actual striker. Bellegarde scored and looks more threatening overall.

Keep Sasa as an impact sub.

Sasa was ok he holds it up well and nothing stuck up top when he went off.

If you’d have said we’d be relying on VAR to get us a point in the last minute before the game or at HT then we’d have all seen it as a poor effort.
I really thought we needed to get ahead first half when we were on top it would’ve killed any confidence they had and we’d have probably won comfortably. The second half is a shit show and a big one.

Look, I'm not Fab, but if I break down in tears and the response is "you're just attention-seeking, those aren't real"; well, that ain't exactly doing me any favors.

I think you're fab, Alan ❤️

So you don't think that footballers do fake things when the cameras and 1000's of people's attention are on them?

The game today. I don't think he even had a shot all game. He was far too languid and lacked any tempo. Some nice layoffs but ultimately ineffective at being an actual striker. Bellegarde scored and looks more threatening overall.

Keep Sasa as an impact sub.
Three things.

Sasa's style is languid
Bellegarde played wide left
Sasa created more than any other player today.

Not his fault Semedo, RAN and Cunha can't hit a barn door or take a cast iron opportunity away from him.

You can feel and express if you think criticism is OTT, but playing the mental health card as some kind of Gotcha is lame IMO, just a guilt trip method to stifle opinion.

Did you stick up this vociferously for Adama, Doc, Vallejo, Podence, Guedes, Marcal, Willian Jose and Donk when they got slagged off?
It’s not though is it. Practice what you preach or get called out on it. Again if you don’t need to feel guilty then don’t.

I have done depending on when i think it has gone overboard or just petty as fuck. Dendonkey, Hwank etc… Criticism is fine, i just think it goes overboard sometimes and definitely has done with Fabio.

So you don't think that footballers do fake things when the cameras and 1000's of people's attention are on them?
I think it's an unempathetic perspective to take.

I don't like seeing people cry. If he's done it on purpose to fool me, well done him, it worked.

Bellegarde just isn't a right winger and I've no idea why you think he is. It's bonkers.
He played there for Strasbourg numerous times. I even posted a link yesterday with multiple stills of him playing there on the right touchline. Football Manager lists him as an AMR as well as a CM. FBref lists his stats as an AM/Winger as well as a Midfielder. He can play in more than one position, it's not that difficult.

It’s not though is it. Practice what you preach or get called out on it. Again if you don’t need to feel guilty then don’t.

I have done depending on when i think it has gone overboard or just petty as fuck. Dendonkey, Hwank etc… Criticism is fine, i just think it goes overboard sometimes and definitely has done with Fabio.

An oblivious millionaire football player getting slagged off on a forum has fuck all to do with mental health.

You think he faked his reaction? Did you not see the other players go up to him...including Blades players?

Bellegarde was on the left today more often than not, seemed to me.

Bellegarde was on the left today more often than not, seemed to me.
Yes he was. He can play either side as he's two footed.

I thought that was a mistake from GON as he had a chance to switch Hwang back over to his more natural side.

I think it's an unempathetic perspective to take.

I don't like seeing people cry. If he's done it on purpose to fool me, well done him, it worked.

That's fine, we're all entitled to our subjective opinion. But that's all it is.

For me, crying and getting all that attention as a result is a deflection by an immature personality. You'd think it was a goal that relegated us.

Just because an appraisal is harsh it doesn't mean its wrong

Back