• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Southampton 0 Wolves 2 - Verdict Thread

Ronan made such a huge difference, what a quality footballer he is. A bit unfortunate not to have played more so far. He played really well as the inside forward, jsut looked like he understood the role better

Vinagre is amazing though and if we can get him at the end of the season we should do everything to make it happen. I know it's early but with a year of senior football he can only get better

Mixed views on Deslandes from those of you who went then. I did think he looked decent when he played LCB in pre season. Can't harm having an extra back-up any way. Might play a few depending how the cups go

Ronan made such a huge difference, what a quality footballer he is. A bit unfortunate not to have played more so far. He played really well as the inside forward, jsut looked like he understood the role better

Vinagre is amazing though and if we can get him at the end of the season we should do everything to make it happen. I know it's early but with a year of senior football he can only get better

I think if we go up we'll sign Boly, Jota & Vinagre permanently.

I think Vinagre is the only one of the loans that we don't have a guaranteed option on at the end of the season. Not to say we won't sign him but it's not a done deal whereas the others are if we want them.

Given Vinagre is only 18 and was playing only his second ever professional game, the level he showed, Monaco would be pretty foolish to let him go anywhere. It's such early days but he looked special.

Edwards wasn't that bad (and I am usually very critical). Deslandes certainly wasn't worse than bennett or Graham.

Don't worry it's just Siggy and his Edwards obsession, nobody thinks he is a worldbeater, but Siggy has a personal vendetta for some reason :)

It's tricky on Deslandes at times he looked OK then seemed to continually balloon balls into the air from a pretty routine header. Thought he looked better in the Coady role but certainly isn't strong enough in the air to make a decent CB at the moment. His passing was good in fairness. I don't mind him as back up to our back up but that's about it Hause comes in as soon as he's fit for a cup game.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Deslandes will never make it here, he's a non-factor.

I didn't comment yesterday when it was being discussed but he was shit in pre-season as well, couldn't understand the odd rogue good review he got.

Would have given Deslandes a 6 as per Bennett as certainly was as good as him. Marshall, harsh with a 4 as he clearly wasn't match ready to play, but needed minutes in a game.

Vinagre was MoTM instead of Ronan purely as he did it for a full 90 rather than over 45, but have no problem with either
Agree the Marshall score is harsh but we all know he hasn't played and just needed game time. The thing is he will get better and contribute more as his fitness improves. I and big fan of his so looking forward to him being fit again.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Second team. He was actually a rabid bath city fan, but bath is rovers central as a catchment area.

If my memory serves me right didn't Bristol Rovers use the Bath City ground after they left Eastville. I am sure I saw Wolves play there on Boxing Day many moons ago.

Saw Sir Stephen George equal John Richards record at Twerton Park.

Rovers played there for at least two seasons. Devon white would have been up front. When quirk was there, the away terrace backed onto the garden of the house my dad was born in (well as good as it was about fifty yards beyond the end of the ground.)

Tied gold and black balloons to my car aerial for that journey on Boxing Day. As soon as we got on the motorway the drag pulled the aerial straight off and left a two inch hole in the front wing of my brown Cavalier.

Needed bending back with mole grips and a new aerial with a larger base plate.

Back