• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

The Athletic started promisingly, but it's just gone hugely downhill.

How on earth can you have a writer who's never there, knows nothing, and just seems to avoid the club like the plague? I've seen utterly nothing from Part Time Steve that makes me even vaguely think I couldn't do that job; and quite frankly I'm a terrible writer.

As soon as my £2 a month is up, I'm cancelling. I dealt with Spiers because he clearly cared, but this guy is just terrible; and the level of output is so poor.

Can’t remember the last time I loaded the app. Got the app auto renewal email the the other day then cancelled it. £60 it was going to be, then as I was cancelling were offering it was £24 again. Does this deal go on forever? I wouldn’t have even renewed at the £1 a month it was originally.

They always have offers on.

Essentially if you decide to go down the road of client journalism then you forego an opinion but you get extensive access that no one has and the quality of the final product should be outstanding.

We get client journalism with no benefits.

I've got it for the NFL coverage, for Wolves even for a quid a month its a waste.
Same, said before it's chalk and cheese. NFL writers have much greater daily access, but although that can be uncomfortable are way less sycophantic (based on the respective 2 teams I follow)

It's an active club by club choice though. United's coverage on there is very anti-Glazer.

Thing is Tim's opinions were awful and I don't think Holiday Madders has one, so what do you do.

It's an active club by club choice though. United's coverage on there is very anti-Glazer.

Thing is Tim's opinions were awful and I don't think Holiday Madders has one, so what do you do.
Glazers are absent owners though, so it's a different dynamic to calling Jeff out. I read a reasonable amount of the Forest coverage over the Summer and Danny T who I like was very team sympathetic/defensive

Athletic subscription was running out next month, back on at £1/month (not even up front, just £1 a month with no commitment) for another year.

That's about the limit of what I'd pay. I do read it most days but more for the colour articles around other teams and wider football. I wouldn't pay anything just for Part Time Steve's stuff. He's decided today that Dawson and Neves aren't playing very well.

Athletic subscription was running out next month, back on at £1/month (not even up front, just £1 a month with no commitment) for another year.

That's about the limit of what I'd pay. I do read it most days but more for the colour articles around other teams and wider football. I wouldn't pay anything just for Part Time Steve's stuff. He's decided today that Dawson and Neves aren't playing very well.
Ah yes the same Neves that has just won the Fans Player Of The Month Award

Pretty slim pickings mind; the other nominees were:

José "made 0 saves in his last game where we conceded 4" Sa
Max "Hide & Seek" Kilman
Adama "please, never ever start him ever again" Traoré

But it's a nonsense point regardless. He had to come up with five points to form our blueprint for survival and the first two were immediately laughable.

I stand by my statement on PTS. He's a twat who clearly hates Wolves.

He doesn't need to like Wolves, he needs to do his job properly.

Just blindly throwing abuse at him totally out of context as our morons do isn't defensible.

He doesn't need to like Wolves, he needs to do his job properly.

Just blindly throwing abuse at him totally out of context as our morons do isn't defensible.
He doesn't do his job properly and he's a twat.

Agreed on point A, I don't know what he's done in particular to merit point B. I'd say you'd only get to that point if you were actively undermining the club without cause, or whitewashing obvious failure, or talking down to the fans unnecessarily (Spiers was guilty of all three at various points).

He's absolutely phoned it in from day one and God knows what his performance review would look like. I wish we had someone better. Not worthy of the rage though.

Not sure of where to put this link but I had seen that he'd been mentioned on here a couple of times recently.

Back