• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Spoilt Princesses moaning about Media Coverage of Wolves

May be remembering it wrong but wasn't it a match where Southgate turned up (possibly to watch him specifically) in the run-up to the WC that his bad spell started? Had a mare and his form seemed to never recover after that.
He watched him in 2 last season Palace and Chelsea from memory and he had 2 shockers. He's not really been in the conversation this season. In the Palace game Guehi played well and got in ahead of him

May be remembering it wrong but wasn't it a match where Southgate turned up (possibly to watch him specifically) in the run-up to the WC that his bad spell started? Had a mare and his form seemed to never recover after that.

Was last season that. Forget who it was against but he had two very poor ones in a row and we actually left him out briefly afterwards.

He watched him in 2 last season Palace and Chelsea from memory and he had 2 shockers. He's not really been in the conversation this season. In the Palace game Guehi played well and got in ahead of him
Yeah, was definitely the Palace game Southgate was there and he (well, we) had a stinker

Was that when people were speculating it was because of Ukraine?

I do wonder what Part Time Steve gets paid for (assuming The Athletic have their writers employed on a full-time basis rather than paying them pro-rata based on output, which would be a bit weird). Not even a single Wolves-related tweet in 72 hours, let alone any articles (he averages around 1-2 a week, one of which is match reaction, which I'd say is low compared to the volume many other clubs on there have). Just say *something*, you're supposed to engage with the fanbase.

He'll summarise Lopetegui's presser later no doubt on Twitter but he won't provide any comment, he'll report it verbatim.

The Athletic is amazing for the Big 4 leagues over here but I wouldn’t dream of paying for its football coverage unless I supported a UCL regular, and even then…

I do wonder what Part Time Steve gets paid for (assuming The Athletic have their writers employed on a full-time basis rather than paying them pro-rata based on output, which would be a bit weird). Not even a single Wolves-related tweet in 72 hours, let alone any articles (he averages around 1-2 a week, one of which is match reaction, which I'd say is low compared to the volume many other clubs on there have). Just say *something*, you're supposed to engage with the fanbase.

He'll summarise Lopetegui's presser later no doubt on Twitter but he won't provide any comment, he'll report it verbatim.
He's been shoved on to writing a Wrexham piece today. Tells you a lot about where their subscribers come from even on football content. They always convert £s to $s in articles and their comments at the bottom are heavily American

What the fudge is this 'Premium" shit the E&S is trying to get folk to pay for?

wanted to ask the same. is it actually paid content, or sign up to access?

I accessed this morning and the blurb said that its free content but requires you to register/sign in to view it. I already have an account so entered my details and the article loaded, nothing to pay

Well I'm joining the moaners about poor UK media (TV) coverage of Wolves this season.

Skysports have shown us 2 home games and 3 away games

BT have shown us 2 home games and 2 away games

Prime have shown us for 2 away games

That's a total of 11 games throughout the whole season - 9x in 2022, 2x in 2023

3x in August
1x in Sept
2x in Oct
1x in Nov
2x in Dec
0 in Jan
1x in Feb
1x in March
0 in April
0 in May

Sky boast about their coverage of PL football, but from my POV it's pathetic and not value for money. Min 12mth contract x £28pm

BT 3mths at £25pm. 1mth contracts

We got more coverage when we were in the Championship

Such a shame that the achievement by Lop hasn't been appreciated by the TV companies.

You're paying for more than just PL football in those subscriptions. I'm not justifying the cost, but you cover pretty much most major sports with both of those subs.

Yep, delighted to not get lots of TV games at home. If you look at the list we started the season with games then companies realised we were shit so stopped having us on. Even under Lopetegui if you aren't invested in the team we are a dull watch. TV companies will always pick the most interesting games/those who are going to get the highest viewing figures once they've ticked the box of the minimum times a team needs to be shown. There's no valid grounds for complaint and let's face it, if you want to watch any PL game you easily can

Back