• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

No one knew that was the case with Ronaldo though? He'd played 25 times for Sporting. 3 goals.

I'm not saying I have the answer, but throwing exceptional world stars...who I have heard of, btw ;-) ...some of the best of their generation, into the conversation when the three we're talking about have 20, 8 and 2 first team appearances seems to be overkill?

you have a bit of a point, playing games is always vital in development and the higher level, the better of course..you learn to handle the ball and make quicker decisions..but if they are good enough they have competed already at a high level even if not the first team

No one knew that was the case with Ronaldo though? He'd played 25 times for Sporting. 3 goals.

Sure, but I don't know how bringing a living football legend into it is that helpful. Players like that are the vast exception. Most talented kids don't go on to that level of acheivement.

I'm just wondering if three is a big gamble; getting a 24 year old RWB who could have played well over 100 games by now and had cemented their talent (but still with years to go), for example, to go with the other two kids could mitigate that risk. Just wondering.

No, I get you.

But sometimes you just know in terms of natural ability. Imagine Nuno getting hold of a 17 year old Joe Cole and what he could have achieved.

It was a genuine question as I actually value the knowledge on here, and I'm also not going to pretend I'm particularly familiar with the three kids in question.

You can't mitigate every risk, and our scouting team and Nuno (especially the latter) have earnt the trust. Youth brings energy and enthusiasm too, which every squad needs a top up of now and then

It's certainly a deliberate approach too, we aren't picking up these kids randomly

You have to remember Fergie didn’t really know Ronaldo from Adam. They played Sporting in a pre-season friendly and the team came in at half time and all said “sign that Ronaldo bloke”. And then the scouting was done and the signing occurred quickly.

You would think that perhaps Patricio and Mouthino are asked their opinions on their fellow Portuguese players.

Reportedly, Wolves is the club which wants Telles the most. Porto is asking for 30M for Corona and another 30M for Telles.

Am I right in thinking that elite sportsmen are exempt from the 14 day quarantine rule? Or am I going mad?

Reportedly, Wolves is the club which wants Telles the most. Porto is asking for 30M for Corona and another 30M for Telles.

Just can't see us going for Corona (I'd love him here by the way) when Esteves is supposedly all but done and dusted. We'll use him and prioritise Telles I reckon. Usual caveat applies.

I can't remember if Penk still posts on here but I see he's posted on Twitter that there have been two separate sightings of Esteves today and he gave the impression they were legit.

He didn't say which city he'd been spotted in mind...

What’s his Twitter name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just can't see us going for Corona (I'd love him here by the way) when Esteves is supposedly all but done and dusted. We'll use him and prioritise Telles I reckon. Usual caveat applies.

Honestly, we should just splurge and get both. Maybe on a 50M deal or such.

Our team would be better than last season and we can close down and get to work.

Our team would be better than last season and we can close down and get to work.

Oh don't get me wrong I'd love to get both in I'd just be amazed if we do!

50m plus Vinagre. Job done.

Back