• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

It's blind faith though, isn't it Mike?

If you asked 12 months ago "should we (or will we) sell Matt Doherty for £15m to a direct competitor" then most would have said absolutely no chance. I would have gone along with it because I think he's shit and I couldn't stand him, but I'm in the minority there.

There isn't any noise going around that we have any kind of meaningful budget in terms of net spend, nor do we seem to be holding out for top dollar on any of our players that anyone might actually want to buy. Some of those aren't even worth much in the first place given their age.

I'm not in a mood to pat Fosun on the back, they don't seem to be doing a great job of late.

Had we not sacked him (which again, we have, whatever people want to delude themselves about) then I wasn't ready to give him a hearty thanks for the last 9 months either.

I know its a forum and speculation is 99% of discussion but we have no actual clue what Fosun plan and will do - castigating them because of hearsay from a journalist seems a bit harsh, given that in the last 4 years they have delivered the best times most of us have seen as Wolves fans. They deserve the chance to get it right.

Well, I'm not screaming for Fosun to go, am I.

I'm just saying it's too glib to ignore everything that's going around in the press and say "they don't know". At least some of them do, and there isn't anything positive out there at the moment.

It's the same board that appointed Walter Zenga, Andrea Butti and Paul Lambert. They can get stuff wrong as well as right.

What have Fosun done well this year?

Well it's been a mediocre season for the whole club (compared to recent successes), so I'm not beating the Fosun drum, but they've supported the manager with transfer funds and seemingly left him to his own devices, what more do you want?

The list of judgement errors and on-field issues Nuno has to directly be responsible for is certainly longer than a list of charges you could aim at Fosun currently (most of which would be based mainly on speculation or conspiracy theories?)

I was responding to DW as I thought he was weighing blame for our current unsettling situation solely on the owners, which he wasn't

I know its a forum and speculation is 99% of discussion but we have no actual clue what Fosun plan and will do - castigating them because of hearsay from a journalist seems a bit harsh, given that in the last 4 years they have delivered the best times most of us have seen as Wolves fans. They deserve the chance to get it right.

Well, I'm not screaming for Fosun to go, am I.

I'm just saying it's too glib to ignore everything that's going around in the press and say "they don't know". At least some of them do, and there isn't anything positive out there at the moment.

It's the same board that appointed Walter Zenga, Andrea Butti and Paul Lambert. They can get stuff wrong as well as right.

This is the trouble here, both very valid points. I'm sure the 50/50 divide (feels about that at the moment anyway) will shift to a majority one way or the other in the next eight weeks or so. It's tough to call at the moment with so little concrete information out there and just journo talk and bookies odds to go on.

Was told Neves’ house went up for sale a few weeks ago but just ignored it as bullshit. I’m driving past Wergs tonight so I’ll “verify”.

This is the trouble here, both very valid points. I'm sure the 50/50 divide (feels about that at the moment anyway) will shift to a majority one way or the other in the next eight weeks or so. It's tough to call at the moment with so little concrete information out there and just journo talk and bookies odds to go on.
I’m more sanguine about it than I was - looking at Nuno it doesn’t seem as though he was heartbroken to be leaving. Good luck to him and I really hope this is the start of a new cycle with a push to improve. Remains to be seen though, might have a very different view in 6 months time.

I’m more sanguine about it than I was - looking at Nuno it doesn’t seem as though he was heartbroken to be leaving. Good luck to him and I really hope this is the start of a new cycle with a push to improve. Remains to be seen though, might have a very different view in 6 months time.

If he is going back to work in Portugal and will be able to live in the family home with his wife and kids again I bet he is buzzing

Though Fonseca was nailed on for Fiorentina?? Dodged a bullet with Gattuso IMHO

Back