• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Can we hope for a farmer dropping a cow on him from a bridge then?

Well he's got his UEFA A Licence at least...

As long as he doesn't bring in his demented twin that looks like Dean Saunders... oh, hang on

Apparently his mom is coming in as a set piece coach. Mendes says she's the bomb...
could still be an improvement on this season both attacking and defensive! I just want to know what we are working with next season and that answer is going to take several weeks to come. I remain absolutely convinced that our big signing will be Guedes , it ticks all the Mendes / Fosun boxes. I think that Traore or Neves could go , probably the former and we will sign a couple of additional players from the Mendes stable and/or maybe the championship. I would not be at all surprised if 6 from Traore , Saiss , Patricio , Moutinho , Vinagre, Jordao Mir , left this summer but that gives us a 100m war chest to rebuild the team as the new manager wants. I still remain cautiously optimistic until performances and player recruitment/ sales give me reason to feel otherwise.

Obviously Lage is not a popular choice on here but his brother apparently managed Benfica youth teams for many years and clearly brought through some quality footballers. Is he that much of a step down from a guy who failed as a manager in Scotland?

Obviously Lage is not a popular choice on here but his brother apparently managed Benfica youth teams for many years and clearly brought through some quality footballers. Is he that much of a step down from a guy who failed as a manager in Scotland?
Yeah, but it's more fun to slit your wrists, mate. People are having fun - let them be!

At what point is Nuno's photo being taken off the header? Seems odd to have Everton's/Lazio's manager on the Wolves Forum...

This all smacks of the ranting when Neto signed for us, about how Mendez was fucking us over.

Mendez has not fucked us over once yet, it really is not in his interest to do so, he is very close to Guo, and Jeff.

Maybe just maybe he may be about to place another Neto at the club.

None of us know the selection process for the new manager Fosun are shrewed business men and have a massive investment tied up in Wolves they dont seem the people to not do due dilligence when hiring managers.

This is not a shit, Lopetegi, has gone to Spain get me someone in fast, neither is it a we need steady the ship lets get Lambert in.

This is a board who want to see us challenging for the top 6, with no rush to appoint a new man.

The reaction on here of we are fucked, we will be relegated he is shit, not one of us knows that for sure.

If he did not have that last 6 months at Benfica, would we all be so down on him?

Nuno took us from 7th to below a Steve Bruce lead Newcastle, to pastings against West Ham and Burnley, we all know the underlying issues, maybe just maybe that final 5 months Lage, had similar underlying issues at Benfica.

None of us really blame Nuno for this season we have just had, just as the Benfica fans dont blame Lage for his final season.

In Fosun we Trust

I don't support Fosun FC, I support Wolverhampton Wanderers.

They aren't giving me any reason to trust them at the moment, so I don't.

Nuno took us from 7th to below a Steve Bruce lead Newcastle, to pastings against West Ham and Burnley, we all know the underlying issues, maybe just maybe that final 5 months Lage, had similar underlying issues at Benfica.
I've seen numerous people use this as a stick to beat Nuno with and it's bollocks really. We had a bad season, everyone knows that but we got safe with 6-7 games to go go and a lot of fans (particularly yourself) wanted him to "play the kids" which we did.

If Nuno had used his preferred and most experienced team I'm sure we could have grinded out a few more points and finished a place higher and above Newcastle but the majority wanted to use those last games as a learning experience and now it's come to pass the goal posts appear to have changed which is pretty poor stuff.

I don't support Fosun FC, I support Wolverhampton Wanderers.

They aren't giving me any reason to trust them at the moment, so I don't.
We all do, Fosun owned Wolves have given us the best days in 40 years.

They have given us our highest finishes in the top flight since before I was a teenager.

Have they got anything wrong yet?
We wont know if they got this wrong until next season.

You can't apply that kind of logic.

If they went and signed Willian José permanently and snapped up Gedson Fernandes would you say "wait and see how they get on"?

Back