• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

Moriba sounds decent but more of a dynamic player who dribbles and passes.

Not the solid holding DM we need alongside Neves, but still good as a Moutinho replacement.

One thing we'd have over bigger clubs is guaranteeing him more game time.
Our current 3-5-2 doesn't need another holding midfielder as we've had enough of that last season. Lage's press requires a more dynamic player and to let Neves do his thing of picking passes.

A more dynamic player means we could also play 4-3-3 with Donk/ Neves in the deep role and Neves/ Moutinho and a new player (Moriba?) in the CM/ AM roles.

Maybe Lage has decided that 4-4-2 with this squad just isn't possible at any point as we don't have the players.

I was assuming we are signing players to enable Lage to play 4-4-2.

We need to replace Moutinho very soon any way.

I was assuming we are signing players to enable Lage to play 4-4-2.

We need to replace Moutinho very soon any way.
I think we need 5-6 players to play Lage's 4-4-2. That's a big change when there aren't many player moves at the moment.

It will be 343 for a while I think, unless the new CB and CM that we hopefully manage to sign are really outstanding. I think we would still be more suited to a 4231 anyway in that case

Presume today is Bruno's presser ahead of the Spurs game. No doubt he will be asked on transfers. Wonder if he is still trusting the process.

Fair play to Owen, first whiff of Europe and he's gone...

Fair play to Owen, first whiff of Europe and he's gone...

I liked what I saw of him and wanted to see more as felt he could be a good option, obviously, the manager disagreed, he was called a problem though and disgruntled by some on here, seemingly for wanting to play or believing he was good enough to be playing, and now has left as believes he is good enough. I can't really find any reason to dislike him in any of that. Hope he does well and at least has a solid career. It's always nice to see academy raised or developed players getting near the first team for more than just bench support.

So off the top of my head (without loans, as we don't know the income/expenditure on those loan fees, but i'd imagine the cost of Trincao's loan is greater than the income from Cutrone, Vinagre, Campana, Sarkic and Sanderson's etc loans put together.)

Ins

RAN - 10mill
Mosquera - 4.5mill
Bolla - 1.8mill
Sa - 7.2mill

Total - 23.5mill

Out

Mir - 13.7mill
Patricio - 10.5mill
Otasowie - 3.5mill

Total - 27.7mill

So if the "sell to buy" thing is real, we have around 4million to spend. :unsure:

In FFP terms, it's far greater than that, but Shi could certainly spin it far more simply.

So off the top of my head (without loans, as we don't know the income/expenditure on those loan fees, but i'd imagine the cost of Trincao's loan is greater than the income from Cutrone, Vinagre, Campana, Sarkic and Sanderson's etc loans put together.)

Ins

RAN - 10mill
Mosquera - 4.5mill
Bolla - 1.8mill
Sa - 7.2mill

Total - 23.5mill

Out

Mir - 13.7mill
Patricio - 10.5mill
Otasowie - 3.5mill

Total - 27.7mill

So if the "sell to buy" thing is real, we have around 4million to spend. :unsure:

In FFP terms, it's far greater than that, but Shi could certainly spin it far more simply.
I find it bizarre that fans buy the 'got to sell before we buy' nonsense.

Swiss Ramble's Twitter thread tells us that's nonsense. Our biggest income is the TV and competition money.

We're doing well financially and one of the very few clubs to have come out of Covid OK.

Given we have over £100m coming in this year our financial position shows that we don't need to sell to buy at all.

It's a Jeff decision.

Reactions: jlo
We make a profit with TV money vs wages / costs as well I think so there must be a kitty to use above just what we sell.

I find it bizarre that fans buy the 'got to sell before we buy' nonsense.

Swiss Ramble's Twitter thread tells us that's nonsense. Our biggest income is the TV and competition money.

We're doing well financially and one of the very few clubs to have come out of Covid OK.

Given we have over £100m coming in this year our financial position shows that we don't need to sell to buy at all.

It's a Jeff decision.

Yep i agree, it's a load of bollocks, but it is what Jeff is telling us, so he can manage expectation, my fag packet maths was highlighting what we might end up with.

The silence is deafening on the incoming transfer market. Just watch next week, when panic sets in and prices suddenly sky rocket. I am starting to worry now. Where is the new CB and the midfield "snotter" ?

Back