• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

I reckon we'll get a warm body in at CB no matter what, even if it's a player nowhere near the calibre of Botman or DCC.

If you’d asked in May I wouldn’t have been too bothered about losing Neves and Traore but having seen them in two home games under Bruno the most important thing today is we keep them both. No doubt in the future both will probably move but a season under Bruno will see their value rocket.

What are we realistically expecting today?

For me, I think we're done.

I expect us to try and get Sanches over the line but can see it just failing to go through. Can't see any other strong links to CBs or CMs that look convincing, and the Botman and DCC bids look to have petered out
Hope you’re wrong but it wouldn’t surprise me. We’ve never really been a club that goes all gung-ho on transfer deadline day so I’d be surprised if we did much today.

I've got a terrible feeling that we'll get a Spiers tweet at about 6pm saying no more signings expected and the club are currently happy with what they've got and that'll be it.

I've got a terrible feeling that we'll get a Spiers tweet at about 6pm saying no more signings expected and the club are currently happy with what they've got and that'll be it.
I can't see us not signing players as that would be another terrible window and the board not backing their new manager.

Shi would be coming under a lot of fire from the stands, particularly if results are slow to improve.

I think they are trying to sign them, just seems like they aren't willing to put the money up that's needed to prize them away at the minute.

Seems from the outside there's a bit of who blinks first going on and we're assuming desperation will set in closer to the deadline. I just feel we're in danger of pissing people off and it'll all blow up in our faces and we'll end up with nothing. Massive speculation on my part here of course.

Groundhog Deadline Day...

The question I'd ask is why we haven't been able to get that quality during three years of being in the PL?
I'm guessing top class players don't see us as a progression to their career or we don't sell the club to them very well...combined with not wanting to overspend on players and wages.
There's no doubt in my mind we try to sign good players but we're way down the pecking order in the Premier league in terms of attractive clubs

I think they are trying to sign them, just seems like they aren't willing to put the money up that's needed to prize them away at the minute.

We've had this for a few years now though, if we're not willing to put up the money needed for a certain calibre of player then why not secure a player we can afford in a lower tier?

It's not like there are only two CBs in the world that are better than what we currently have

Back