• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tetchy Rish! at it again

Places to avoid right now (and in general I guess)

1) Daily Mail Comment Section
2) The replies to any Xwitter account reporting the news
It's not very often I look on Twitter, but it's chock full of "good, one less rat to worry about" "ound that means there's room on there for one more" type posts, as well as the obvious complaints of lack of housing for are troops etc. Absolutely rancid

Seems that Rishi is having to work a lot harder today than I'd expected to get the votes. Apparently having one-on-one sessions with the breakfast club attendees now. Jennrick saying he'll abstain if they promise amendments from the dispatch box, and vote against if not. Meanwhile Buckland says if the bill is amended in that direction that *he'll* not vote for it.

Suspect whatever happens it'll get through on abstentions rather than votes against, that will come in January when it's clear that he can't please both the right *and* the far right at the same time

Thing is the second reading is pretty much always a formality, nothing has failed at that stage since 1986.

If it's only just squeaking through now then it has no chance at third stage, less still the Lords. So a waste of everyone's time.

Seems that Rishi is having to work a lot harder today than I'd expected to get the votes. Apparently having one-on-one sessions with the breakfast club attendees now. Jennrick saying he'll abstain if they promise amendments from the dispatch box, and vote against if not. Meanwhile Buckland says if the bill is amended in that direction that *he'll* not vote for it.

Suspect whatever happens it'll get through on abstentions rather than votes against, that will come in January when it's clear that he can't please both the right *and* the far right at the same time
They've summoned sex pest Bone in, so they must be worried

£400m, and for argument sake it does all get approved by Parliament and all the courts etc, for a capacity of how many per year? If its 500 that's about 1% of the crossings this year. As an asylum seeker willing to risk your life on a dinghy would you really change your plans if you have a 1% chance of going to Rwanda?

It's all grandstanding bollocks to appeal to arseholes.

Incidentally it's four years today since the Tories won the GE. I very much remember the edge being knocked off Jota's hat trick (and Oskar Buur's assist) when we got back to the pub and saw the exit poll. Not just a win because I expected that, but a huge majority for no reason.

Not a single positive achievement in that time. Four entire years.

Awful.

So,illegal migrant arrives, gets sent to Rwanda, simply engineers a failed asylum application while there, and then according to new treaty is sent back to uk.
Assuming he or she is not from albania, what do Rishi and the gang, do with him next, having already cost uk taxpayer £169,000.

So,illegal migrant arrives, gets sent to Rwanda, simply engineers a failed asylum application while there, and then according to new treaty is sent back to uk.
Assuming he or she is not from albania, what do Rishi and the gang, do with him next, having already cost uk taxpayer £169,000.
Illegal migrant?

ERG/ Star Chamber/ Nazi's have decided to go against the bill.

Rishi is going to lose this vote.

Going to abstain rather than vote against aren't they? It may just squeak through, but as Dan says it won't get through down the road

313 v 269 in Rishi's favour tonight.

Kicks the can a little bit down the road

The fact that this is even on the table at all is fucking mind boggling.

Back