• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tetchy Rish! at it again

Anyone would think Rishi’s five pledges aren’t cutting the mustard.

Talking of cuts I see Jeremy Hunt plans to savage budgets to fund a tax giveaway to try and get some voters back. That won’t work now. They might as well call an election tomorrow and fuck off.

JRM classing Reform as part of the Conservative family.

I don't think they will give you their votes mate.

And they don’t have Farage in charge to order them to stand aside. They are going to cannibalise poor rishi’s votes, the hounds.

I do love a little sneaky view at the Daily Mail readers comments for a laugh.
They really do believe that the next election depends on a party tackling ‘wokeness’ and ‘boats’.
Its a sort of very strange reality they all live in….as if the important things in life don’t matter to them.

I do love a little sneaky view at the Daily Mail readers comments for a laugh.
They really do believe that the next election depends on a party tackling ‘wokeness’ and ‘boats’.
Its a sort of very strange reality they all live in….as if the important things in life don’t matter to them.
Sort out woke boats and it'll be a landslide

This is really a verbal story than a written one, and only mildly amusing at best.

But for some reason whenever I'd read about the Labour candidates I'd read Gen Kitchen as Gen not Jen, and then when I heard it on the news this morning it threw me a bit.

Tories staying home in massive numbers. It won't be quite the same in the GE but they'll still take a hammering.

This is really a verbal story than a written one, and only mildly amusing at best.

But for some reason whenever I'd read about the Labour candidates I'd read Gen Kitchen as Gen not Jen, and then when I heard it on the news this morning it threw me a bit.
Some folk probably thought they were voting for Gen. Kitchener

I think there’s a bit too much focus on the radical but largely irrelevant vote that is clinging onto reform.

The main shift as I see it is the sizeable moderate Tory vote who will effectively be getting a moderate Tory government by voting for Starmer anyway.

Not going to be easy for him to keep the radical left at bay in order to protect those election-swinging votes whilst keeping the traditional Labour voter sweet too, but it seems to be working for him at the moment at least.

Proud to say my wife spent a good deal of time volunteering for Gen in this campaign in her first foray into political action. Worth remembering that, though it hardly seems like a surprise this morning, that Tory majority looked a tough one to overturn only a few months ago despite wider trends. The size of the win there is pretty remakable, notwithstanding the enormous self-destruct button the oppostion decided to repeatedly hit with their face.

JRM saying it's no big deal is akin to "Comical Ali" saying there are no American tanks in Baghdad, as a whole column are driving down the road behind him... Desperate bullshit. Call an election now, you don't have a mandate from the Country and haven't for the last two PMs

Incidentally, I've read that he was there yesterday in his GB News capacity, rather than as a spokesman/representative of the Conservative party. Not that Ofcom will give a shit like, but can you imagine the furore if Fiona Bruce was there and was talking about how amazing it was for Labour and that the tories smell?

There's definitely going to be tax cuts announced next month, and almost definitely because of spending cuts in social care or justice. Thankfully they've both got loads of money and are delivering a great service to the British people.

He said tax cuts were possible “because of our plan to halve inflation, which has been successful over the past year, and because economic conditions have improved. We have already been able to start cutting taxes for people.

We’ve clearly been through a lot over the past couple of years as a country, but I genuinely believe at the start of this year we’re pointing in the right direction.

Now we’re not out of the woods yet, but across all the priorities that I set out we’re making progress.

Inflation has been more than halved, the economy out-performed expectations last year, debt is on track to fall, we’ve cut the number of illegal migrants coming by a third and we’re making progress on the longest waits in the NHS.

I'm also really fucking annoyed that the media have let the pledges be downgraded to priorities without pulling the cunt up on it. I don't know why I'm so annoyed at it, as they let him get away with outright lies, so expecting them to pick up on language nuances/rebrands is stupid of me

Incidentally, I've read that he was there yesterday in his GB News capacity, rather than as a spokesman/representative of the Conservative party. Not that Ofcom will give a shit like, but can you imagine the furore if Fiona Bruce was there and was talking about how amazing it was for Labour and that the tories smell?
If Fiona Bruce did that, it's not Ofcom you'd need, but a DNA test

Not wanting to sound callous but it looks like Alexi Navalny saved the day for him.
‘ a good day to bury bad news’ and all that.

Back