• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tetchy Rish! at it again

Plus Labour lost Oldham, most likely due to their policy on Gaza/Israel so we could see a different protest vote emerge.

I think the two, plus your Shy Tory voters will leave it still a Labour majority but nowhere near the wipeout it could/should be if there was a compelling leader in opposition.

To get a majority of 1 (which will obviously happen) already requires the biggest GE -> GE swing in living memory, projections of the Tories getting <100 seats have always been fanciful. They'll still lose and lose by absolutely miles.

Supposed to be bringing a lot of jobs into the area whilst ensuring the right people get the contracts in the way only a Tory can

Conservatives hold Walsall. What magic potion are they putting in the water in the area to make them think that the Conservative Party is the way to go?

Conservatives hold Walsall. What magic potion are they putting in the water in the area to make them think that the Conservative Party is the way to go?
It's absolutely bizarre. I grew up in Walsall North and the current MP Eddie Hughes is a proper thick, racist, knuckledragging piece of shit. Makes no sense as it was always very much a multi-cultural area where people of different backgrounds got on, I'd estimate our school year was around 30% kids of Asian heritage and about 10% with Caribbean roots. There were never racial tensions or a general atmosphere to exploit.

Edit: Just seen Hughes is heading your way to stand for Tamworth in the GE!

We were out last night to vote when Tom got home from his school... 4 votes there. Can't wait for the GE and the chance to bloody Rishi's nose.

He's lost a lot of the farmers who would normally vote blue but I'm not sure it will be enough for him to lose his seat. We can dream though

Not holding out much hope for Tettenhall Wightwick 😂

Might just be rumours moving the market but the odds of Susan Hall winning the London mayor vote have reduced from 7's to 4.8 in the last few minutes. Still a long shot but hopefully it will never happen as she is a dreadful human being.

Back out to 5s now, it's only like when manager markets move when lots of small amounts get put on one candidate in a short space of time.

Labour take Nuneaton. One of many of the bellwether places that seems to be turning to the party.

Back