• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I already was having misgivings about KJ lately. This is virtually the straw that broke the camel's back. Awful stuff.

I think it could be Paddy, if it doesn't come off. I share your misgivings as I said at the game, but I just don't think Holt is the disaster you all do

Genuine question, why don't you think it's a poor signing?

He's experienced, physical, aggressive and can be a nightmare to play against.
I don't think we have anything like enough of those virtues.

I don't think it's a great signing, but I understand why he's made it.

I'm all for giving him a chance.

I thought exactly the same when Kevin Davies played against us for Preston in League One. Instead Danny Batth was given a newspaper a chair and a foot massage for 90 minutes..

To say he is past his best is speaking with utmost kindness. I hope he bags a few for us, but I can't see him getting on the pitch much, if at all, and he has been unable to break into a league one side for a reason.

He is experienced, physical and aggressive, but all to play to those attributes means we have regressed immeasurably since the end of last season.
In a nut shell we've shit it.

The analysis that DW did comparing Wolves with Millwall under Jackett was scarily accurate even before we signed Holt. How the hell have we declined so far so quickly? Take away the lucky win at Blackburn on the opening day of the season and we're averaging a point a game. That's relegation form.

I've mentioned this on here before and i know Lycan has to but i would really like us to go and get Bradley Dack from Gillingham. He was excellent again today despite them throwing a 2 goal lead away at Walsall. Best player i've seen in league 1 this season. Got everything a midfielder needs, quality and the work rate to go with it.

I thought exactly the same when Kevin Davies played against us for Preston in League One. Instead Danny Batth was given a newspaper a chair and a foot massage for 90 minutes..

What game are you talking about? Davies gave him a black eye in one of the matches!

What game are you talking about? Davies gave him a black eye in one of the matches!

Did it in both games in League 1

After the games he stated Batth was one of the best and toughest defenders he had faced.

The analysis that DW did comparing Wolves with Millwall under Jackett was scarily accurate even before we signed Holt. How the hell have we declined so far so quickly? Take away the lucky win at Blackburn on the opening day of the season and we're averaging a point a game. That's relegation form.

We know why. We didn't recruit well in the summer but that's history and we need to try and get the season back on track. For all his limitations and Holt has many he is very experienced and offers a plan B something that many of us , me included, have said we have lacked at times this season. Williamson offers leadership at the back so both signings do add something to the squad that was missing. It is all about putting a run together to give us a chance at challenging. That said SM leaving and the club being sold does make me fear for January when Norwich come knocking for Benik. He has not been anywhere near as sharp or "onit" this season as last and the speculation cannot have helped. Not quite #headsgone but getting close I fear. He needs a hatrick for his own confidence.

Not really, unless utterly pointless thread necromancy is in some way seen as striking.

Guy on MolMix suggesting that we had reached a deal to sign Leon Osman on a months loan but pulled out of the deal last night. Would be a terrific signing at this level, not sure why we would've cancelled it (if the rumour is true)?

First appearance of the season though.

I think he's done. He had a cracking spell 3 years back which rightfully resulted in an England call but he was genuinely woeful when he played last year. Legs have gone.

Back