• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The CHRISTMAS Thread

One of my uncles is a very keen railway modeller, is/was member of Wolverhampton Model Railway club but I they are/have folded due to numbers declining, think he's looking to get a bigger shed now so he can keep one of their layouts alive in private rather than just give up on the hobby all together. Can't blame him really, he spends a hell of a lot of time not really doing anything since he retired and he must have put thousands into that hobby over the years which would otherwise be sat doing nothing, wouldn't imagine it holds quite the same appeal sitting in your shed along rather than amongst a group of likeminded friends. I remember tagging along as a youngster to help out (play with trains) when they had exhibitions but as I got older my interest was drawn elsewhere, as was the case with Airfix models which I used to really enjoy. I did try to get back into the Airfix side of things a couple of years ago when someone bought me one as a novelty Christmas gift but I haven't the patience to stick with it these days.

One of my uncles is a very keen railway modeller, is/was member of Wolverhampton Model Railway club but I they are/have folded due to numbers declining, think he's looking to get a bigger shed now so he can keep one of their layouts alive in private rather than just give up on the hobby all together. Can't blame him really, he spends a hell of a lot of time not really doing anything since he retired and he must have put thousands into that hobby over the years which would otherwise be sat doing nothing, wouldn't imagine it holds quite the same appeal sitting in your shed along rather than amongst a group of likeminded friends. I remember tagging along as a youngster to help out (play with trains) when they had exhibitions but as I got older my interest was drawn elsewhere, as was the case with Airfix models which I used to really enjoy. I did try to get back into the Airfix side of things a couple of years ago when someone bought me one as a novelty Christmas gift but I haven't the patience to stick with it these days.

Strange isn't it. On many threads we don't agree yet talk of model railway's and we are united. I love the diversity on this forum. So, even though it's not my bag, a very merry Christmas to you all and a peaceful new year.

Strange isn't it. On many threads we don't agree yet talk of model railway's and we are united. I love the diversity on this forum. So, even though it's not my bag, a very merry Christmas to you all and a peaceful new year.

Merry Christmas to you Cyber, and to all ya filthy animals

( Wanted to be the first to get that in)

Christmas Eve is upon us, which means this evening I get to open this really ripe, blue, smelly cheese that I've been saving,yet dying to open. it's A Wonderful Life, The Bishops Wife, and Scrooge to watch on tele, a day in me jim jams, and finding clues to a hidden present. I love Christmas :xmasbana:

Dave has got the Top Gear specials on loop so its definately christmas

Yep - watched them getting the crew into deep shit in Tierra Del Fuego again last night.

Merry Christmas everyone, have a great time

I thought it was dickheaded. And the crew were lucky to avoid serious injuries. My favourite special is the Andes one. Loved that.

One of my uncles is a very keen railway modeller, is/was member of Wolverhampton Model Railway club but I they are/have folded due to numbers declining. I remember tagging along as a youngster to help out (play with trains) when they had exhibitions.
I remember as a kid in the 80's being taken to a show every year at Pendeford High School and used to find is fascinating.

I remember as a kid in the 80's being taken to a show every year at Pendeford High School and used to find is fascinating.

That was their own event.

Can remember going as a little kid with my sister and not being trusted to play with the trains properly so we ended up putting together welcome packs and other boring admin bits whilst the grown ups got to enjoy themselves, until some Welsh bloke took us under his wing, he'd got a layout based on the goods yard of a coal mine and so we got the gleefully messy job of all the behind the scenes work with the coal to make it look as if things were coming and going.

I thought it was dickheaded. And the crew were lucky to avoid serious injuries. My favourite special is the Andes one. Loved that.

The Argies are still bitter they lost the war and they went out and tried to engulf the flame.

Love that one, the “death road” they went on in pretty knackered cars is one of the best things they ever did.

I love it when they are up in the Andes plateau with only the volcanoes above them. Spectacular scenery and the car engines are struggling because of the lack of air. Amazing stuff.

The fact those knackered horrid cars (probably a work) got that far is the spectical alone. Hamsters car rolling down the hill is a true Richard Hammond f up.

I love it when they are up in the Andes plateau with only the volcanoes above them. Spectacular scenery and the car engines are struggling because of the lack of air. Amazing stuff.

Being a 'biker' I particularly enjoyed the Vietnam one, but like em all

Watched the vietnam one earlier, top gear is a shell of its former self

Free Steam keys for some Sonic games because I'm a muppet and cocked up my order so I ended up with two of some of them.

First come first served, just click the link and you should be away.

Sonic 4 Ep 1:

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=EmfkUU5X32bveUMH

Sonic Adventure:

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=8aSTKtCEGE75ucbS

Sonic CD:

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=yU84RXDwpWAayWWN

Sonic All Stars Racing:

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=UFKBnmKWSE3BCPhe

Sonic Adventure 2:

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=qVTdFhks6PYc28Nh

Sonic Adventure 2 DLC:

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=ThK34pSffzeehMze

Merry Christmas.

Thanks as well Dan, took the classic CD one a few days ago but took a while to get my steam account back up and running.

The fact those knackered horrid cars (probably a work) got that far is the spectical alone. Hamsters car rolling down the hill is a true Richard Hammond f up.

Every now and again you spot the massive crew and backup teams they have following them around, one of my drivers brothers works for the RAC and they used to be contracted to follow them as backup on any UK 'challenges', he followed them when they did their amphibious car thing, it was only local.

I think as long as you accept Top Gear for what it is, then you are fine :)

After the next series of Grand Tour they are ditching the studio and all the gubbins like celebs driving and just doing specials and challenges.

Back