• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Wolves XI Thread (2019 version) - 1970 - present

It genuinely happened. Charlie was somewhat less than impressed.

Fucking hell, he is nineteen in a few months...

Jimenez
Jota
Bull
SEB
Fletcher
Doyle

Honourable mentions to Kelly & Freedman though

I liked Kelly very much.

I also was a huge Mutch fan but he only worked alongside SGB so not really any good for this purpose.

Although I've enjoyed he preceding posts i am quite disheartened by the omission of Neil Emblen a colossus of a man who could easily have been nominated in no less than 10 of the previous categories,Naw you lot are swayed by sun tan and a Portuguese accent ..........You lot sicken me !!! :)

Although I've enjoyed he preceding posts i am quite disheartened by the omission of Neil Emblen a colossus of a man who could easily have been nominated in no less than 10 of the previous categories,Naw you lot are swayed by sun tan and a Portuguese accent ..........You lot sicken me !!! :)
Who knew Colin Lee posted on here?

If that was the case then Taylor would be number one, the fat useless cunt.

I'm amazed not just me person put Breen in every category.

So far 77% have Jota above Jimenez. I agree, but it has surprised me I thought Raul would be higher for most

Jota is going to cost whoever buys him more than we'll get for Neves. He can be anything he wants to be.

Jota is going to cost whoever buys him more than we'll get for Neves. He can be anything he wants to be.
Agree there. He's a lovely footballer and is only going to get better. Hope he spends as long here as possible, he's a joy to watch. Second only Moutinho in out current team I would say.

Agreed. He will either grow with us at a scary rate and we are watching our guys picking up big ears or he goes to one of the giants in a couple of years for a truly astronomical fee.

It is so damn difficult trying to compare players from 40 years ago with those of today. The game is different and memories become selective. Trying to work out if any of the past players could play today's game, or if the current lot would have fit in back then. I have no doubt that Jimenez would have been a great centre-forward in any past era, but what about Jota? Maybe he is nothing without the right striking partner, Maybe he would have been another Franny Lee and won 20 penalties a season, or maybe he would have fit in perfectly with any of our other great strikers.
So Jimenez/Jota get 5th and 6th only because they have done it for such a short time.

Bull
Richards
Keane
Gray
Jota
Jimenez

It is so damn difficult trying to compare players from 40 years ago with those of today. The game is different and memories become selective. Trying to work out if any of the past players could play today's game, or if the current lot would have fit in back then. I have no doubt that Jimenez would have been a great centre-forward in any past era, but what about Jota? Maybe he is nothing without the right striking partner, Maybe he would have been another Franny Lee and won 20 penalties a season, or maybe he would have fit in perfectly with any of our other great strikers.
So Jimenez/Jota get 5th and 6th only because they have done it for such a short time.

Bull
Richards
Keane
Gray
Jota
Jimenez
I'm a firm believer that most players would be good in any era as they would adapt either way. The only exception I'd make is some midfield or defensive cloggers who'd be off the pitch in 5 minutes now. Someone like Souness had enough else in his game to adapt, someone line Vincent didn't

I'm shocked to find out that Bear is a post-Bull man! I always got the impression he was a similar age to me.

Bull
Richards
Keane
Gray
Jota
Jimenez

And that's fair enough. However some have ignored them in favour of others who would not have made our 2017 championship side let alone premier league. Yes , Kevin Doyle Nouha Dicko I do mean you.

Bull, Richards & Keane could have adapted to play in our team now - not sure about some of the others being named

1st 2 seasons of Doyle would have thrived in the 2017 side.

Back