• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Wolves XI Thread (2019 version) - 1970 - present

Bull wasn't good enough on the ball for me, Fletcher yes.

Bully's general play was really good in his last 4-5 years or so. Early Bully, then no. Different game though innit.

It's why it's a tragedy that the 1998 Bull/Keane partnership got broken up due to injury. Bully was playing the talisman role, trademark work rate and bringing Keano into the game constantly with top hold up/lay off play as well as still being a serious threat on his own.

I'm shocked to find out that Bear is a post-Bull man! I always got the impression he was a similar age to me.
I'm 41 but only came to supporting Wolves via a mate around 2000/01. None of my family are football fans so I never had my own team as a kid.

Richards
Bull
Raul
Dougan
Ebanks
Gray
I can't even get Keane or Jota in! though I stick to my selection of Gray he made such a difference and what he went on to do. Was played in a withdrawn role to John Richards

Richards
Bull
Raul
Dougan
Ebanks
Gray
I can't even get Keane or Jota in! though I stick to my selection of Gray he made such a difference and what he went on to do. Was played in a withdrawn role to John Richards

Mentioned this on the Podcast thread (easily missed) but we went to the Old Gold Club live last week. JR got very confused about Andy Gray. Seemed to think he was in decline when we signed him. He was 23! Maybe he just always looked pretty old or something.

Before my time but my Dad says he was a top player, just constantly broken.

Was never blessed with seeing Bull or Keane, so...

Diogo Jota
Raul Jimenez
Steven Fletcher
Andy Keogh - will always love him!
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake
Kenny Miller

John Richards
Diogo Jota
Steve Bull
Raul Jimenez
S-E-B
Derek Dougan

Diogo Jota
Raúl Jiménez
Steve Bull
Steven Fletcher
Robbie Keane
Nathan Blake

One for the purists that last choice.

Mentioned this on the Podcast thread (easily missed) but we went to the Old Gold Club live last week. JR got very confused about Andy Gray. Seemed to think he was in decline when we signed him. He was 23! Maybe he just always looked pretty old or something.

Before my time but my Dad says he was a top player, just constantly broken.
He played 133 times for scoring 38 goals.

We sold him to Everton for 250k. Thats right 250k! He then scored 14 in 49 games in 2 years with them. The winner for us in the league cup final with Forest in 1980 means he is always worth a spot!

Richards is kind of right in as much as Gray's best career form was at Villa before we signed him which is where he won PFA player and young player of the year

Bully
Jota
Jimenez
SEB
Fletcher
Miller

Can't really include Keane. Can include Bull because he's God and I did technically watch him live, although I was more bothered with shouting "you fat pasty" and thinking I was cool as it kinda sounded like bastard.

It's eating away at me that others my age haven't included Bull or Keane. Not that it will probably affect the final scores but still. I'll change to:

Jota
Jimenez
SEB
Fletcher
Miller
Doyle

Steve Bull
Diogo Jota
Robbie Keane
Raul Jimenez
John Richards
Steven Fletcher

Can i have SEB on the bench pls, oh and Andy Gray, and maybe Kevin Doyle and...

Steve Bull
Diogo Jota
Robbie Keane
Raul Jimenez
John Richards
Steven Fletcher

Can i have SEB on the bench pls, oh and Andy Gray, and maybe Kevin Doyle and...

giphy.gif

Why I put this in the wrong thread I have no idea!

Just the strikers list to put up then we should have the Manager named

Only one choice for that really

From 1970 onwards?

A couple of candidates, but for me it is an easy choice to endorse the bearded wonder. Best Wolves manager in my supporting life. Needs a trophy in the bag to confirm that though.

From 1970 onwards?

A couple of candidates, but for me it is an easy choice to endorse the bearded wonder. Best Wolves manager in my supporting life. Needs a trophy in the bag to confirm that though.

Only been here 2 years & we are well ahead of schedule - possibility of one last year (didn't quite come off) - if he stays here for a bit then you can feel it coming

Back