• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

For your eyes only is MILES better than a view to a kill!
Love VTAK. Walken, MacNee - fabulous. Zorin cackling as he machine guns staff. Zorin backstory awesome too. Tight plot. Only problem is Moore is too old and he initially refused to do it for that reason.

Everyone at my primary loved James Bond. They're very simplistic but great fun.
My daughters primary school had to stop watching them after one of the kids blew up his mate in a decompression chamber, apparently he got him all over his lunch money :)

Love VTAK. Walken, MacNee - fabulous. Zorin cackling as he machine guns staff. Zorin backstory awesome too. Tight plot. Only problem is Moore is too old and he initially refused to do it for that reason.
Definitely too old. Would have been 56 at the time of filming and it shows. I think Christopher Walken almost went too far down the psychopath route with Zorin, but it does hit the back story well.

The reason I prefer For Your Eyes Only is the simple retrieve a maguffin plot interwoven with Melinas quest for revenge works so well. Plus there are some great sequences like the keelhauling and the rope climb up to St Cyrils.

Definitely too old. Would have been 56 at the time of filming and it shows. I think Christopher Walken almost went too far down the psychopath route with Zorin, but it does hit the back story well.

The reason I prefer For Your Eyes Only is the simple retrieve a maguffin plot interwoven with Melinas quest for revenge works so well. Plus there are some great sequences like the keelhauling and the rope climb up to St Cyrils.
Lots to like in FYEO but it's daft even by Moore standards. It has the 'identigraph' which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing tbh. Awesome Bond girl too.

The Little Things, proper decent watch, Denzel Washington and Rami Malek, can't go wrong.

No Time To Die was fab. Great action and good plot. Craig's best one and a good way to finish.

My box set of all 24 Eon Bond films has just arrived. This conversation just made me want it desperately. Not sure whether to go chronologically or start with Thunderball as it is the one they wanted to make first.

My box set of all 24 Eon Bond films has just arrived. This conversation just made me want it desperately. Not sure whether to go chronologically or start with Thunderball as it is the one they wanted to make first.
Already got it and now going to binge watch this weekend for the same reason.
Only own three box sets, the James Bond one. The Laurel and Hardy set and the Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes set, love all of them

Might be one to jam to for a laugh one day when our guitars actually meet each other!

Enjoyed Eternals. Decent film (two credit scenes btw)

Reactions: jlo
Watched The Trip on Netflix last night. Really good black comedy/horror/slasher film about a couple who go on a trip to a cabin in the woods. Both are planning to murder each other.
Really well acted, funny, gory and just the right balance of silliness and good story.
Worth a stream if you're into that kind of thing.

Back