• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

Saw a couple of films this week:

The Dark Knight Rises - thought it started slowly but after that, absolutely loved it. Bane was ace. Cracking film.

Taken - heard loads about it so thought I'd give it a go. Another cracking film (despite some iffy acting and pretty standard plot), Liam Neeson is absolute nails. Not quite sure if the sequel will be as successful but more than willing to give it a go based on the strength of the first.

The Dark Knight Rises - thought it started slowly but after that, absolutely loved it. Bane was ace. Cracking film.

Taken - heard loads about it so thought I'd give it a go. Another cracking film (despite some iffy acting and pretty standard plot), Liam Neeson is absolute nails. Not quite sure if the sequel will be as successful but more than willing to give it a go based on the strength of the first.

Dark Night Rises is brilliant, really enjoyed that even after all the hype around it.

I saw Taken ages ago, an excellent film I also really liked Unknown another great performance by Neeson

I did enjoy how The Dark Knight Rises concluded Nolan's trilogy and Bruce Wayne's story so well - I thought it was excellently written.

Now do you see why Neeson should have been Jack Reacher. Just for that one line he delivers, 'I have a certain skill set and will find you................'

Taken 2 isn't as good as the first one, but still a decent way to pass ninety minutes.

Now do you see why Neeson should have been Jack Reacher. Just for that one line he delivers, 'I have a certain skill set and will find you................'

He'd have been a good shout actually mate.

I did enjoy how The Dark Knight Rises concluded Nolan's trilogy and Bruce Wayne's story so well - I thought it was excellently written.

I thought the way it kind of ended, perhaps leads to another, I know Nolan has said he won't be doing it, but just the way it did end made me think otherwise..

I thought the way it kind of ended, perhaps leads to another, I know Nolan has said he won't be doing it, but just the way it did end made me think otherwise..

There will definitely be more Batman films, he's DC's biggest franchise by a country mile when it comes to Hollywood (and comics at the moment thanks to Scott Snyder) and they're not going to pass up megabucks like that. When the next installment(s) do come around though I doubt it will be in the way Nolan set it up to be, I just saw that as a pointer that there will always be a Batman. It touched roughly on a couple of storylines that have appeared in the comics over the last twenty years (a hell of a lot of material throughout the trilogy drew on some classic storylines) and I think that's all it was, another clever nod towards the source material.

It may well do, but I'd say it still ended that trilogy nicely. Any future ones will no doubt be the start of a new story arc. The ending was fucking ace.

I watched Looper last night. Enjoyable stuff. Levitt's face was bizarre but worked really well.

Overally it wasn't as good as some make out though. I'd put it on a par with In Time (Justin Timberlake) which I enjoyed as well.

Oh and Emily Blunt still looked lovely even in a more dishevelled state than normal.

There will definitely be more Batman films, he's DC's biggest franchise by a country mile when it comes to Hollywood (and comics at the moment thanks to Scott Snyder) and they're not going to pass up megabucks like that. When the next installment(s) do come around though I doubt it will be in the way Nolan set it up to be, I just saw that as a pointer that there will always be a Batman. It touched roughly on a couple of storylines that have appeared in the comics over the last twenty years (a hell of a lot of material throughout the trilogy drew on some classic storylines) and I think that's all it was, another clever nod towards the source material.

Oh I agree, I just meant the way it ended with those characters, mainly Robin. Although, if there are actually going to be new Batman films, they have a hell of a lot to live up to after this trilogy. My favourite has to be TDK though.

It may well do, but I'd say it still ended that trilogy nicely. Any future ones will no doubt be the start of a new story arc. The ending was fucking ace.

It definitely ended the trilogy nicely, Alfred getting what he wished for was an incredibly nice touch.

Oh I agree, I just meant the way it ended with those characters, mainly Robin. Although, if there are actually going to be new Batman films, they have a hell of a lot to live up to after this trilogy. My favourite has to be TDK though.

They do indeed, Nolan's trilogy was probably the best superhero films ever made. But, and some may find this hard to believe, The Dark Knight Rises was torn to pieces by a lot of comic books fans. There was a long running argument over on the CGC boards with both pro- and anti-TDKR posts running for months. Personally I loved it, and as a Batman fan I'd have thought I'd have been one of its biggest critics.

Agree, I always thoughthe would suit the role.

They do indeed, Nolan's trilogy was probably the best superhero films ever made. But, and some may find this hard to believe, The Dark Knight Rises was torn to pieces by a lot of comic books fans. There was a long running argument over on the CGC boards with both pro- and anti-TDKR posts running for months. Personally I loved it, and as a Batman fan I'd have thought I'd have been one of its biggest critics.

I'd not heard about the argument over The Dark Knight Rises amongst the comic book fans, what was the cause of it?

Is Robert De Niro the only person who doesn't want to be there? (far right, three down) (apologies for the MASSIVE photo)

1360077899.jpg

Flight , with Denzel Washington.

He may of landed the plane, but his character pissed me off something terrible throughout the film.

Watched Django Unchained last night, fucking awesome, typical Tarantino madness with some hilarity thrown in.

Back