• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Film Thread

I watched We're The Millers recently, it's actually really funny, I'd recommend it.

Yup...saw Elysium recently and will echo whats been said.
Affleck seems to be a better director than actor. He's like Keanu Reeves when he acts...turns everything to sh**e.

Just watched Star Trek Into Darkness, very good film, the range of Benedict Cumberbatch's acting is fantastic. As I used to watch the old Star Trek, I was looking forward to these films, and I haven't been let down by them one bit.

Just watched Star Trek Into Darkness, very good film, the range of Benedict Cumberbatch's acting is fantastic. As I used to watch the old Star Trek, I was looking forward to these films, and I haven't been let down by them one bit.

I hate the old Star Trek and think it's shite, but I enjoyed the first of the new films and will definitely watch the 2nd one when I can.

I hate the old Star Trek and think it's shite, but I enjoyed the first of the new films and will definitely watch the 2nd one when I can.

I don't mean the one with William Shatner and all that, I meant the one Patrick Stewart, used to enjoy those.

I recommend the second, brilliant film, and an even better story.

Watched Elysium yesterday..... not bad at all. Ben's best buddy Matt Damon is good in it, and Jodie Foster is pretty good as an evil power hungry bitch with an odd accent. Similar look and feel as District 9 (obviously as its from the same director) and if you liked that film you should enjoy this. Cool storyline and pretty damn good action sequences. Sharlto Copley who played the lead in District 9 (fockin prawns) is great in this as a kinda crazed super-soldier/ cum assassin. Overall I'd probably give it a 7 out of 10.

i sort of enjoyed it, especially the "baddies" who were convincing, but i did think it was a bit of a mess. district 9 is a great film in comparison. a bit like ben affleck i don't find matt damon very convincing in much these days

' Now You See Me ' Never thought a film about magicians could be so enjoyable. Plus Isla Fisher has the kind of body I would die for :(

If you've sent him Isla Fisher, can I have one too please?

technically this should be goggle box, or possibly Langers' old turd thread but I have just watched the worst film ever. You can keep your Plan Nine From Outer Space. Compared to what we just sat through, it is The Third Man, indeed it made Attack of the Killer Tomatoes look like Schindlers List, A new number one for me in the So Bad it is actually good list.

Search it out on YouTube, look out for it on Syfy, it must get another showing soon. It is truly, magnificently bad.

The worst film ever in my book is

SHARKNADO

technically this should be goggle box, or possibly Langers' old turd thread but I have just watched the worst film ever. You can keep your Plan Nine From Outer Space. Compared to what we just sat through, it is The Third Man, indeed it made Attack of the Killer Tomatoes look like Schindlers List, A new number one for me in the So Bad it is actually good list.

Search it out on YouTube, look out for it on Syfy, it must get another showing soon. It is truly, magnificently bad.

The worst film ever in my book is

SHARKNADO

Syfy have loads of those horrendous movies on every day. Mega-shark vs Giant Octopus was one of my favourites.

Watched all these recently:

Now You See Me - having recently watched TWF's recommendations of 'The Prestige' and 'The Illusionist', thought I'd watch this one. Turns out to be pretty decent, just don't take it too seriously and you should get on with it

World War Z - Alright, in honesty! Nothing refreshing, but not a bad effort at a typical zombie movie. Helps if you like Brad Pitt.

The World's End - From my favourite acting duo. My least favourite out the 3 films, but, I do love them a lot. Overall it was quite enjoyable, quite mellow, with some funny moments, and it's a bit different to the other 2.

Pain and Gain - Excellent IMO. The Rock actually does some good acting in this! Based on a true story, very enjoyable. Lots of action and funny moments, with a serious dark side running all through to the ending.

Grown Ups 2 - Pile of shit in honesty. We watched number 1 and 2 straight after each other, I would say the 2nd is worse than the first. I still laughed but don't take that as much of a compliment.

Kick Ass 2 - Yeah, pretty good. Probably all to be expected, but story carries on well, some funny moments, some lovely gorey action as per the first movie.

Back