• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Fitness Thread

You're both fine, have a protein shake and a relaxing bath 😂

Trust your training and you'll nail the runs 👍

After 5 years of cancellations and false starts, we finally completed the Devizes to Westminster Canoe Race last weekend, the longest non-stop canoe race in the world. We completed the 108 miles in just over 20 hours. Unfortunately the race was forced to stop 17 miles short of Westminster due to historically high water levels on the tidal section of the Thames. River conditions were pretty terrifying at times, especially in the dead of night, and I got sick and very cold, but we made it to the end 27th out of 78 starters which I will happily take.

Strained something in my knee, couldn’t go on the treadmill this morning, gonna see how it is in the morning but may have to have a break for a while. :(

Had a sports massage today, meant to be good practice to have one 6 days before a marathon and it was the best I've ever had.

Didn't realise; but the ones I've had in the past weren't aggressive enough.

This bloke REALLY went to town on my legs, strong fucker. I was squirming all over the place.

When he went down my IT band I nearly kicked his teeth out.

It's been my best training block yet, a lot of time and energy used, and a lot of patience from my family. Just need to put it into practice on Sunday.

1000045221.jpg

Had a sports massage today, meant to be good practice to have one 6 days before a marathon and it was the best I've ever had.

Didn't realise; but the ones I've had in the past weren't aggressive enough.

This bloke REALLY went to town on my legs, strong fucker. I was squirming all over the place.

When he went down my IT band I nearly kicked his teeth out.

It's been my best training block yet, a lot of time and energy used, and a lot of patience from my family. Just need to put it into practice on Sunday.

View attachment 10105

An old boss of mine would only ever book physio or sports massage as their first appointment of the day because he didn't think it was worth it when they had tired hands. Full force or nothing for bit Dunc!

That's a good shout, it must be genuinely knackering going at it like that all day for them.

You need strong thumbs!

@Elephant Pyjamas and @Tredman - good luck with the run tomorrow!
Thanks AW

Didn't quite go as planned - 2.57.51

The target was 2.54 over the last 2 or 3 months of training, then the last 2 or 3 days I got greedy and started thinking about a PB (sub 2.49)

And I just wasn't in that kind of shape realistically. So the result is I overcook the first 15 miles and scrape a sub 3 and have probably buggered the Good For Age Qualifier up for London 2025 🙄

But had I ran at 6.39 pace from the start instead of going 6.30s I probably knock 3 mins off. But who knows.

However can't really have any regrets, marathons don't come along very often, so you have to roll the dice really.

Onwards.

Watching the London Marathon build up is making me reconsider my ‘no more marathons’ decision.

Back