• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2015/16 - everything non-Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hell. Give Bournemouth the 3 points on the grounds of sheer fuckwittery.

This made me lol on Twitter:

How has it taken almost seven hours for someone to say: "oh yeah, you know that thing? I , er, might know something about that."

Someone's getting the boot in the morning.

Possibly. Suppose they are now a joke on and off the pitch too.

Per GMP:

"Following today's controlled explosion, we have since found out that the item was a training device which had accidentally been left by a private company following a training exercise involving explosive search dogs.

"Whilst this item did not turn out to be a viable explosive, on appearance this device was as real as could be, and the decision to evacuate the stadium was the right thing to do, until we could be sure that people were not at risk."

GMP did the right thing at the time without doubt have a feeling this private security might lose a lot of business overnight.

All supporters of both teams who had tickets will be allowed free entry on Tuesday and are having a refund for the inconvenience. STHs at Old Trafford will receive a credit. Total cost to Man United of £3 million.

Ouch. Great gesture though. Both clubs are expected to announce about travel arrangements this morning.

It is a long way from Bournemouth to Manchester, and given such short notice, there may not be that many Bournemouth fans who will attend the rearranged game.

Almost certainly. A long way for the United faithful to travel too*

*obvious joke

They will get that if they win the FA Cup final. I would also back them to get a point against Bournemouth with a weakened side.

If my memory serves me well the IRA believed their war was against the British army not civilians hence the warning, although different things conspired to fuck that up on many occasions.

Thanks for that, all seems a bit bizarre to me

Don't they need a point to gain entry into the Europa League?

Nope.

5th Place is Guaranteed a Spot in the Europe. Currently occupied by Southampton but Man City won the League Cup (Europa Place for winners) and then qualified for the Champs League, so 6th place now becomes a Europa Cup place. Man Utd are guaranteed at least 6th, so into Europe they go.

West Ham will qualify in 7th IF Man Utd win the FA Cup.

Blackpool owner Karl Oyston has closed Blackpool's club shop and has put up the lease for rent.

Does it make any difference between 5th/6th what stage they enter the Europa League though?

United and Southampton were both involved in the very early rounds last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back