• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

I do quite like the details such as the brickwork on the bar being from the original stadium, the main bar going across the whole of the goal line (you can see the 6 yard line measured out) etc etc.

Modern isn't necessarily bad IMO, as long as it retains some degree of character and individuality. It's why I hate identikit stadia as it could belong to anyone.

The single tiered stand behind the goal looks class.

It does look like lots of US venues which is no bad thing to me as the stadiums are outstanding places to watch sport. I like that the stands are on top of the pitch too, should make it loud and intimidating.

I do quite like the details such as the brickwork on the bar being from the original stadium, the main bar going across the whole of the goal line (you can see the 6 yard line measured out) etc etc.

Modern isn't necessarily bad IMO, as long as it retains some degree of character and individuality. It's why I hate identikit stadia as it could belong to anyone.

The single tiered stand behind the goal looks class.
Thing is, I don't think it is as single tiered as we think..there is corporate in the middle so that will be have to be accessed differently.

I like that you can walk around the entire ground underneath and meet mates.

Someone on the spurs forum said that around 600 (1.2%) tickets are at the cheapest price and they have to be purchased with a kid's ticket and then there around 1000 that are the next cheapest price.
The "white wall" as they call it are around the £1000 price.

It looks very nice but I can't help feeling that it looks more like a shopping mall than a football stadium. Especially with their 'street food' style food court (how much is the food going to cost??).

I guess you're going to build a new, modern stadium then it makes sense to make it look like that but I'd rather it felt more like a football stadium than a concert venue or something like that.

The stands/pitch do look impressive though and incorporating items from the original ground is a nice touch. As Langers says, it looks a lot better than some of the other identikit new grounds.

Personally, it's what it looks/sounds/feels like outside rather than inside. And it looks very promising in that respect.

As for the concourses, I suppose a lot of that is to encourage supporters to get to the ground earlier and spend more money there rather than in pubs etc outside the ground. So if they're making it swankier, offering street food, have a decent selection of beers on etc then good on them. Of course, price also comes into it. But it's London innit. Always too expensive...!

If we take Molineux as an example, there's no way you're getting me into the ground earlier unless there's a bloody good reason to. I don't want to be leaving my comfy seat by the fire in the Western supping Bathams and eating a cob/curry and chips etc in order to spend more money drinking a plastic bottle of Carling with tinned music coming in over the PA system forcing down an overpriced pie. There is nothing whatsoever aside from the football that's going to make me head to the ground earlier so I welcome more ideas/choice in that regard.

Personally, it's what it looks/sounds/feels like outside rather than inside. And it looks very promising in that respect.

As for the concourses, I suppose a lot of that is to encourage supporters to get to the ground earlier and spend more money there rather than in pubs etc outside the ground. So if they're making it swankier, offering street food, have a decent selection of beers on etc then good on them. Of course, price also comes into it. But it's London innit. Always too expensive...!

If we take Molineux as an example, there's no way you're getting me into the ground earlier unless there's a bloody good reason to. I don't want to be leaving my comfy seat by the fire in the Western supping Bathams and eating a cob/curry and chips etc in order to spend more money drinking a plastic bottle of Carling with tinned music coming in over the PA system forcing down an overpriced pie. There is nothing whatsoever aside from the football that's going to make me head to the ground earlier so I welcome more ideas/choice in that regard.

To ease congestion after the matches they are also encouraging fans to stay behind at the street food part of the ground.
They will be showing the later PL matches on screeens and having bands play.
I suppose seeing as they could be having 15,000+ different visitors/tourists each match it makes it more of an event than "just" a football match.
Apparently the Arsenal ST includes cup matches, not sure if the Spurs one will.

I'll be visiting it for the NFL, which will probably be the first major event there, so I'll let you know then if it's any good.

Give me Burnley away with it's concrete concourses and wooden seats over that any day.

Carragher suspension extended until the end of the season by Sky and they will review the situation before the start of next season.

I read that the bloke filming will be "spoken to" and avoid 6 points and a fine. Why??

Carragher is off for some anger management therapy so he keeps his job

I read that the bloke filming will be "spoken to" and avoid 6 points and a fine. Why??

The only adult in this incident was the 14 yr old girl who was spat at - whatever happens to Carragher the dad should be prosecuted.

Bit harsh I think. Wales, Blackburn, Fulham and Stoke were all decent/good jobs (the latter ended badly but he was decent for a couple of years, comprehensively moved them away from Pulisball with equivalent/better results). He was shit at QPR and Man City was too big a job for him once they had the takeover.

He's no genius and he can definitely act like a tosser (the handshake thing is weird, plus the stories from Al-Fayed about his time at Fulham and the reasons he gave for leaving) but I'd say he's very competent.

He's definitely better than a wanker like Pardew and has far more going for him in recent years than Moyes.

Thoughts on this, if Southgate could only pick his England team from the Championship

skysports-graphic-championship_4255177.jpg

Yeah, nice midfield there, can't see that being walked through at all. Who plays 4-4-2 with two lightweight playmakers in the middle :icon_lol:

Strong rumours that Nick Pope and James Tarkowski are in the England squad to be named at 2 pm.

Pope deservedly so imo, think he's been the best English keeper in the league this season. Not sure on Tarkowski, i think Burnley's centre backs get a lot of cover and are then maybe overrated like Keane last season and he could struggle with less support around him. Think he's decent though and it would be interesting to see him.

Back