• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

But they're increasing the amount shown, so the amount we have on a fri/mon will increase, with skys planning that will be Newcastle, Brighton or Bournemouth away.

Edit: forgot Brighton away in January on a Monday night, what the fuck?

Lets face it, Sky couldn't give a flying fuck about fans attending the games. Leeds fans complained about it in the Championship and they just put them on more and more.

Edit: forgot Brighton away in January on a Monday night, what the fuck?
But again it's hardly new.

We played them away at 3pm on New Year's Day 2016 as one of only two professional games played in England on that day.

I get that moving games is sometimes inconvenient, it messes with all of us who actually attend. It's also never going to be 1987 again.

I was looking at my Sky package this afternoon, and it said, Sky Sports Complete package, and my little heart raced a little as I thought it would be including all the TNT stuff (Old BT Sports games), but alas....

Sky subscription prices to go through the roof next July.

Yep shit as a TNT/Prime/Nowtv subscriber as you lose both of the Amazon and TNT full fixture weeks of games and they then likely end up behind a Sky extra/red button deal, unless you happen to be playing a Sky six team.

Wayne Rooney on Birmingham’s slow start since his appointment:

“I think some players in there need to grow a pair of balls, basically.

“I’m watching what they do in training and the minute there is fans out there they become a different player, a different person.

“That’s football.

“You are going to have to play in front of fans, wherever you play.”

Yep shit as a TNT/Prime/Nowtv subscriber as you lose both of the Amazon and TNT full fixture weeks of games and they then likely end up behind a Sky extra/red button deal, unless you happen to be playing a Sky six team.
I assmune TNT's two midweek rounds are the same as Amazon get right now where they show all the games simultaneously at 7:30pm. Probably on the red button to choose the games.

They've likely just been lumped in with the early Sat kickoff package.

Being able to watch all the games on a Sunday like yesterday will be nice

Charlotte will be hosting one of the Copa America semifinals and the 3rd place match, which is… weird.

Genuinely surprised that Amazon didn't put in stronger bids, they've been making a lot of noises recently about investing more heavily in sports.

That said Sky will know that sports is the only reason they're still surviving in the age of streaming, so it's worth the investment for them.

Genuinely surprised that Amazon didn't put in stronger bids, they've been making a lot of noises recently about investing more heavily in sports.

That said Sky will know that sports is the only reason they're still surviving in the age of streaming, so it's worth the investment for them.
They're pulling out of tennis and football.

Not sure why, probably not enough roi.

On Sky, they have their own successful production houses, investment in independent production houses and part own their own film studios. They're also owned by Comcast. They're doing just fine.

They're pulling out of tennis and football.

Not sure why, probably not enough roi.
Yeah, pretty much. They got handed these packages for more or less nothing and even with the modest aim of getting more Prime subscribers (with a certain percentage simply being people who forget to cancel after a trial/one month) it hasn't been worth their while. Plus this time they would have had to go in for a much bigger portion of games, a mere two blocks of midweek/Christmas games wasn't on the table.

You can make money out of screening football but you have to have deep pockets in the first place.

As consumers we want less splitting of the rights across providers, not more. At least until basically everyone can show everything and then you just pick the one you like the best/hate the least as we do with supermarkets, but that isn't happening any time soon.

Forest Green Rovers have been ordered to replay their FA Cup tie against Scarborough Athletic after admitting fielding an ineligible player.

Barnsley got booted out for this, how come FGR get to stay in?

Bloody tofu eating wokerati getting away with it as always

Back