• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

I stopped wearing that style of shinpad after a rather gruesome ankle ligament injury that required the paramedics to cut them off.

Didn't play much after that injury though
Paramedics cut your ligaments off, did they fit you with wheels or something else instead? Do you walk like Douglas Bader?

fozzy-bear-fozzie.gif

Blokes in their 50s combined with lads in their 20s - old fuckers have to resort to violent measures

A kick in the shins hurts at any level
Sounds like some group of mates.

Maybe just some really sensitive shins knocking around rather than overly competitive kickabouts then.

Maybe just some really sensitive shins knocking around rather than overly competitive kickabouts then.
Just because you were born with Shins of Steel™ doesn't mean the rest of us are X-Men.

Getting knocked on the shin fucking hurts.

Hated wearing shinpads and tried not to wear any if i could get away with it. Not sure how many injuries they actually stop(assume it’s a decent amount), would be interesting to find out. Get more bruises on my shins from celebrating in our away ends than i ever did or do playing i think.

Just because you were born with Shins of Steel™ doesn't mean the rest of us are X-Men.

Getting knocked on the shin fucking hurts.

I don't think I've seen anyone wear shin pads in a regular knock about with a group of mates since I was about 12 years old. Competitive games, sure, who knows what sort of characters you're likely to come up against and what they might want to leave on you at some point. You can't trust your mates to take a bit off though?

Closest I've ever come to having a big injury was in a kick about with mates. Someone goes to hoof it / shoot etc and you nip in, suddenly your leg is where the ball was. Absolutely no malice but it can happen.

I don't think I've seen anyone wear shin pads in a regular knock about with a group of mates since I was about 12 years old. Competitive games, sure, who knows what sort of characters you're likely to come up against and what they might want to leave on you at some point. You can't trust your mates to take a bit off though?
"What the fuck are those, shin guards? Do you not trust me, fuckwad?"

I'd take a pretty dim view of someone who got riled about shin guards in a game of pickup. They're just little pads ffs.

Garnacho's inner Tyranid coming out in that shot.

(Somebody here will surely understand this)

When I was a kid the old timers then used to tell me they shoved newspapers down their socks.

"What the fuck are those, shin guards? Do you not trust me, fuckwad?"

I'd take a pretty dim view of someone who got riled about shin guards in a game of pickup. They're just little pads ffs.

Riled? 😂 More likely to get laughed at I'd have thought.

'Expecting a tough game youth?'

Riled? 😂 More likely to get laughed at I'd have thought.

'Expecting a tough game youth?'
I'd probably still be triggered by that tbh, but that's on me. Bullied too much over clothing choices growing up.

Back