• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I love breaking bad and really like the shield - sopranos is just a level above.

Agreed. Shield is in my top 5 but can't match stuff like GoT and Sopranos.

Naa man, The Shield is the best ever. Breaking Bad after that. Still, obviously I can't rule out The Sopranos as I've never seen it.

I'm with Tredman here, I love both of those shows but The Sopranos is just a cut above.

I'd put the Shield and Breaking Bad with Game of Thrones too.

I got bored from 3rd season with Sopranos and gave up in the end.

Virtual bitch slap for you too Kenneth.

Should have made it more interesting then...might have stuck with it

Did go through a bit of a lull, but 5 and 6 were massively back on form. Your loss Kenny!

I don't watch TV really outside of news and sport (there's the very, very occasional comedy I'll watch, like The Trip, Partridge, Car Share or Detectorists, but over the course of a year that's a tiny amount of time) so I'll have seen none of the "must see" series that everyone talks about. No Breaking Bad, The Wire, Broadchurch, The Sopranos, Dexter, The Blacklist, Game of Thrones, anything like that. Just not my bag.

I don't watch TV really outside of news and sport (there's the very, very occasional comedy I'll watch, like The Trip, Partridge, Car Share or Detectorists, but over the course of a year that's a tiny amount of time) so I'll have seen none of the "must see" series that everyone talks about. No Breaking Bad, The Wire, Broadchurch, The Sopranos, Dexter, The Blacklist, Game of Thrones, anything like that. Just not my bag.

You'd love Breaking Bad mate. It's fucking excellent.

I'm with Tredman here, I love both of those shows but The Sopranos is just a cut above.

I'd put the Shield and Breaking Bad with Game of Thrones too.

I'll start Sporanos after I've finished re-watching Breaking Bad.

Breaking Bad was dull as well. Ignore him Doosch....

I reckon Deutsch would like House. Hugh Laurie is absolutely superb in that. I'm still furious he never won at least one Emmy for it!!

You'd love Breaking Bad mate. It's fucking excellent.

I don't doubt you, I'm sure it is, you don't win that much critical acclaim by accident. I just don't have the mindset to dedicate dozens and dozens of hours to watching a TV series. Nothing's going to engage me enough to do that. Watching crap like Erzgebirge Aue vs Karlsruhe for no real reason fills that void in my life :D

I reckon Deutsch would like House. High Laurie is absolutely superb in that. I'm still furious he never won at least one Emmy for it!!

I've seen House, my ex used to watch it. It's pretty good, certainly didn't find it actively annoying like I do with a lot of TV. Still though can't ever see myself settling down with a couple of boxsets and watching a ton of them back to back.

You should definitely watch Breaking Bad, Dan. Even I've seen it! It did take us about 3 years to get through it all though, but that's what having children does to your adulting :)

The first couple of seasons are really slow going though.

personally i'd hope and expect DW would see through the naffness that lies behind the insular breaking bad and instead be impressed with the world view and gritty realism of the Wire. there's really no comparison for me.

Deutsch would need something that grips him straight off the bat from episode 1 and isn't a slow burner. Definitely stuff like The Shield or Fargo S1.

Back