• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I'm two episodes into the new Fargo. It's always enjoyable to be in that universe again with the kooky way of talking. It's still a bit slow but enjoyable.

How does it compare to the first series? I thoroughly enjoyed the first series with Martin Freeman and billy-bob

Yeah, Sneaky Pete was ace. You could tell Cranston had an awesome time creating that character for himself. Pure indulgence on his part.
You mean you could tell that all of Cranston's parts were filmed in one day.
Loved the show regardless of that phoned in part.

Watched 5 minutes of Count Arthur Strong earlier. Really had no idea that such utter shite was still on TV.

Watched 5 minutes of Count Arthur Strong earlier. Really had no idea that such utter shite was still on TV.
And it is written by the man who created Father Ted as well.

The clips to advertise it put me off watching it.

I'm sure the BBC are contractually obliged to show at least one pitiful sitcom at all times. Oh Doctor Beeching, The Thin Blue Line, My Hero, My Family, Mrs Brown's Boys, Citizen Khan, Miranda, The Wright Way...I'm probably missing loads there too.

So happy that someone else saw that shite.... My missus had Eastenders on and we'd just got a takeaway, so this was on while we sat down, I saw that actor from Bond in it, so wondered what it was, and after 3 mins I said: who the fuck commissioned this shit.

Unbelievable shite, trying to cash in on whichever morons are out there who like Mrs. Browns Boys

My brother just loves this - we are so different I'm not sure that we have the same parent's

Utter rubbish of the finest order

How does it compare to the first series? I thoroughly enjoyed the first series with Martin Freeman and billy-bob
Early days but not quite as good. S1 was brilliant tv and S2 struggled to match that. I'd say it was on a par with S2 so far.

So happy that someone else saw that $#@!e.... My missus had Eastenders on and we'd just got a takeaway, so this was on while we sat down, I saw that actor from Bond in it, so wondered what it was, and after 3 mins I said: who the $#@! commissioned this $#@!.

Unbelievable $#@!e, trying to cash in on whichever morons are out there who like Mrs. Browns Boys

Mrs Browns boys - I try not to judge people but if someone says they like it I immediately think they're a moron. I get that screwing up is funny but it's so fucking staged

So happy that someone else saw that $#@!e.... My missus had Eastenders on and we'd just got a takeaway, so this was on while we sat down, I saw that actor from Bond in it, so wondered what it was, and after 3 mins I said: who the $#@! commissioned this $#@!.

Unbelievable $#@!e, trying to cash in on whichever morons are out there who like Mrs. Browns Boys

Mrs Browns boys - I try not to judge people but if someone says they like it I immediately think they're a moron. I get that screwing up is funny but it's so $#@!ing staged

I like Mrs. Browns Boys (although not keen on the new format) because it makes me laugh, and calling people morons because they like something different to you is, well, moronic in itself, and unbelievably arrogant.

If he is calling you a moron for liking that shitfest I think you spelled prescient wrong

Just watched last week's iZombie and it was easily the best episode yet including Aly Michalka in a full black leather bunny suit with the greatest cleavage I've ever seen. And she was spanking Rose McIver. Fucking awesome stuff.
I'm not going to lie...I had to check out that clip on YouTube.

Might start watching iZombie!

It is a good series, nothing too serious or heavy, just good fun to watch.

Episode 2 of Fearless tonight.

Got off to a good start last week.

Episode 2 of Fearless tonight.

Got off to a good start last week.

I've watched the first 2 now and I'm struggling to get past the shockingly bad dialogue, piss poor direction, abysmal acting and mess of a set of stories.

Other than that.....

American Gods. The missus wanted to watch it so we've done the first two episodes and I'm a bit confused to say the least. I love Neil Gaiman's work in comics, he's one of my favourite writers, but this one is wrecking my brain. I'll carry on, even if it is just to see exactly how many people a woman can fit into her fanny.

I've watched the first 2 now and I'm struggling to get past the shockingly bad dialogue, piss poor direction, abysmal acting and mess of a set of stories.

Other than that.....

That's way too much critiquing for me!

It's okay

American Gods. The missus wanted to watch it so we've done the first two episodes and I'm a bit confused to say the least. I love Neil Gaiman's work in comics, he's one of my favourite writers, but this one is wrecking my brain. I'll carry on, even if it is just to see exactly how many people a woman can fit into her fanny.

I'm up to date on them and it's worth sticking with. It stays weird but does all start coming together. Sadly, hungry fanny lady doesn't put in many more appearances until later in the series.

I'm up to date on them and it's worth sticking with. It stays weird but does all start coming together. Sadly, hungry fanny lady doesn't put in many more appearances until later in the series.

I'd agree with that. Bonkers up till the very last.

Back