• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

It's a Sin - one of the most powerful dramas I've seen in ages. Whilst never quite reaching the quality of Chernobyl or Band of Brothers, it's not far off - it's an absolute gut wrencher full of excellent performances and well written characters. Even a hard nosed bastard (lolz) like me was pretty close to blubbing by the end.

Best thing Russell T Davies has done in ages.

It's a Sin - one of the most powerful dramas I've seen in ages. Whilst never quite reaching the quality of Chernobyl or Band of Brothers, it's not far off - it's an absolute gut wrencher full of excellent performances and well written characters. Even a hard nosed bastard (lolz) like me was pretty close to blubbing by the end.

I'm 3 episodes in and yes it is good. I keep hearing how it will be a tear jerker so I know that its not going to end well (not that the last 2 episodes have ended well either!)

Heard loads about it and everything says it is amazing. Not sure I am up to watching it though.

Heard loads about it and everything says it is amazing. Not sure I am up to watching it though.
You should, with the exception of the parts which you can guess from the subject matter it's not dark and is pretty uplifting. Gets the balance right

You should, with the exception of the parts which you can guess from the subject matter it's not dark and is pretty uplifting. Gets the balance right
Might try, I've known a lot of people who've died from Aids - just not sure I am capable of getting in to that place at the moment.

Ah ok, I've not experienced that so I'm unable to comment on how that impacts someone in that position

Ratched. First 2 episodes were a bit odd. Was debating how long to continue with it. episodes 3 and 4 have gone a little haywire!

Ratched. First 2 episodes were a bit odd. Was debating how long to continue with it. episodes 3 and 4 have gone a little haywire!
It is odd but in a good way. It is full on crazy (apt for the setting)

will persist then. May as well seeing as am half way through.
only thing that annoys me is I cannot see any reason for the use of the Ratched name. Seems like they weren't sure it could stand on its own, which is odd (don't spoil it if I am wrong...)

I guess they use the name because its her back story, so its about her and I guess when its all done (more on the way) it will explain why she is like she is in the One Flew Over story

It's a Sin is apparently very upsetting. Paul was saying on Facebook that he went through a whole box of Kleenex watching some scenes.

Last edited:
Yeah it's one of the most emotional dramas I've seen in ages - but the kind of emotion seems to change every few minutes.

One moment it's quite witty, then seconds later it's tragic. Then it'll make you furious, then somehow sympathetic to people you hated mere moments before.

It's definitely not an easy watch.

will persist then. May as well seeing as am half way through.
only thing that annoys me is I cannot see any reason for the use of the Ratched name. Seems like they weren't sure it could stand on its own, which is odd (don't spoil it if I am wrong...)
I thought it had a promising start, but by the end was meh and didn't leave me wanting another series

Yeah it's one of the most emotional dramas I've seen in ages - but the kind of emotion seems to change every few minutes.

One moment it's quite witty, then seconds later it's tragic. Then it'll make you furious, then somehow sympathetic to people you hated mere moments before.

It's definitely not an easy watch.
Having met him, I don't think that is what pablo meant...

Before we started watching it I joked with my other half that as Russell T Davies had written it, it would probably have Daleks or Cybermen in it.

He didn't disappoint!

Last edited:
It it sad that I know the exact episode they were referencing? Resurrection of the Daleks - Part 1 - 1984.

I'll get me coat.

Back