• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Felt to me like either it will run another series, maybe in a few years or is it just a remark about the lack of any chance of a change in the way police corruption is investigated.....Mercurio is well known for his criticism of real life police corruption and its investigation.

I’m fine about it. Never seen a minute until the last five tonight so not invested at all.

A couple of episodes were absolute belters and I bet every household in the country watching the Pilkington/Fleming/Davidson episode were screaming at the TV with the climax to it. With 15 minutes left this week I was waiting for the plot twist/dramatic finale but it ended like West Germany v Austria in the 1982 World Cup.

A couple of episodes were absolute belters and I bet every household in the country watching the Pilkington/Fleming/Davidson episode were screaming at the TV with the climax to it. With 15 minutes left this week I was waiting for the plot twist/dramatic finale but it ended like West Germany v Austria in the 1982 World Cup.
I was disappointed. Mercurio's speech for Ted was grandstanding for the sheer sake of it.

It felt like he had been asked for another series when he wanted to end it with this one.

It'll go on for another series but I felt this was the one to tie it all up and they didn't take that opportunity.

Its always the same with very popular programmes...ker ching
Much prefer it when they finish a series before it goes stale, they got it spot on with Spooks and they've already gone one too many with Killing Eve.

If you take the 120 minutes of the Watford semi final, the first 80 minutes were LoD S1-5

The remaining 40 was season 6.

Don't think the final episode was quite as bad as some are making out, not as good as the previous 5 final episodes but not terrible. Think there was a lot of rumours that this was gunna be the final ever but obviously its not. Personally I think it was the right time to wind it all up but I guess its difficult to kill the goose.

Dictionary definition of underwhelming. Phoned that last episode in with loads of wrap ups, regardless of whether they go for S7. Changing tack to politically comment / mirror real life doesn't work when the rest of the series had loads of holes in what would really happen. Better to go full entertainment and sod true to life.

Quite clever shithousery with photos of James Nesbitt though.

I’m fine about it. Never seen a minute until the last five tonight so not invested at all.
Me neither! I’ve had a Facebook timeline for weeks saying how great it is, now this morning saying how shit that was.

I think a lot of people were hoping it would be one of the high profile, main characters. I thought it was quite clever. Leaves the door open for another series.

I've done a complete U-turn on Mare of Easttown, it's nothing that hasn't been done before countless times but it's done really well. The acting is flawless and there's a bleakness to it that makes it feel 'real'. It is just a joy to watch and it's one of those I wish I'd waited for it all to be out so I could binge it, I hate waiting a week for it. Kate Winslet is absolutely fantastic in it.

Seen all the adverts for that I am very tempted I must admit.
It's very good, harrowing at times and eye opening.

The film maker leaves a little bit out on the second world war which is a bit naughty and flat out wrong.

Jabbed.......first few minutes thought it was a back slapping exercise but really interesting programme about how Britain set up its vaccine programme.........and if it is a back slapping exercise....so what?

I've done a complete U-turn on Mare of Easttown, it's nothing that hasn't been done before countless times but it's done really well. The acting is flawless and there's a bleakness to it that makes it feel 'real'. It is just a joy to watch and it's one of those I wish I'd waited for it all to be out so I could binge it, I hate waiting a week for it. Kate Winslet is absolutely fantastic in it.
not had a chance to see it but the soundtrack looks quite good too

Back