• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Just started Domina. The end of the Roman Republic and birth of the Emperors is one of my favourite periods in history so right into this. Great start
I thought it was pretty underwhelming. It should be entitled "Game of Romes".

I was going to give that Snowfall a look but checked iPlayer and got put off straight away. May sound stupid but when it comes to drama I like dull, bleak kind of stuff, just look at the fucking colours jumping out of the screen at you in every episode! You'd need shades to watch it! Way too bright and dayglow for my liking, I'm a miserable dreary bastard.

View attachment 3777
Definitely look beyond the thumbnails on iPlayer! As someone said, it's like an 80s version of The Wire and definitely gritty.
You would be mad to not give it a go based on some colours on iPlayer

Finished Snabba Cash. Hadn't looked how many episodes there were so didn't expect it to end where it did. I get that the story was told but it could have been a fair bit longer, it was good enough to carry more content. Enjoyed it.
Just finished watching and very disappointed, not just because of who lived/died. Too many plot holes.
I saw it was based on a trilogy - don't know if that was just the first book but can see how they could make a couple more series.

Superb episode of Mare of Eastown tonight.

Superb episode of Mare of Eastown tonight.
A couple of 'I didn't expect that!' moments.

Finding the kidnapper that quickly seemed a bit rushed and I thought it was the end until I Googled and found out there were two more.

A couple of 'I didn't expect that!' moments.

Finding the kidnapper that quickly seemed a bit rushed and I thought it was the end until I Googled and found out there were two more.
I did exactly the same!

Quite like it though when shows do that, suspect there is a further twist coming.

I did exactly the same!

Quite like it though when shows do that, suspect there is a further twist coming.

Definitely. I don't think he was the murderer, there's not much else they can spin two episodes out of if it was him.

I have just been introduced to the odd thing that is Lego masters. Now I own a lot of high end Lego, Death Star, Super Star Destroyer, flash X-wing, Imperial Shuttle, Tower of Orthanc. I love Lego. But making a programme about it? WTF?

Anyone got any good crime drama suggestions, me and the wife are into Nordic noir style ones, we've watched The Bridge (amazing), The Killing and Trapped. Quite like watching stuff with subtitles as it forces you to pay attention and not get distracted by phone browsing.

Anyone got any good crime drama suggestions, me and the wife are into Nordic noir style ones, we've watched The Bridge (amazing), The Killing and Trapped. Quite like watching stuff with subtitles as it forces you to pay attention and not get distracted by phone browsing.
Have a read of Booz's posts in here - reckon he's watched them all ;)

Original Wallander is good, but there's tons of stuff on 'Walter' on channel 4 -Deutschland 83 is great.

Before We Die on 4 is based on a Nordic Noir series - if you look on Walter Presents (All4), there’s loads of foreign language drama - have watched All The Sins, Deliver Us, Floodland on there - all reasonable.

Bordertown and Deadwind are probably he best two on Netflix, they’re both excellent. Valhalla Murders looks good as well although I haven’t got round to watching that one yet (believe it or not!) I enjoyed Black Spot as well although that’s a little bit more weird, still very watchable though.

Back