• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Started Watchmen, two episodes in and decided I really need to watch the movie first. Never read the comics for some bizarre reason.

The movie is an almost perfect adaptation, apart from the omission of one plot line that rendered the ending nonsensical...
The comic is very much recommended, even now.

The first part of The Responder was excellent. World class drama and a real dig at the state of the UK right now.

Trigger Point was guff, but highly enjoyable. Even the cast know it's completely daft but are enjoying it anyway.
The Responder. Watched the first episode and ended up watching the lot. Agree, it was excellent.

We've watched 2 episodes of The Responder so far. Martin Freeman is a very good actor, hard to imagine he is the same bloke that played Tim Canterbury

The movie is an almost perfect adaptation, apart from the omission of one plot line that rendered the ending nonsensical...
The comic is very much recommended, even now.
Absolutely. Still got my first printings of the comic in one of my boxes, and bought the graphic novel in hardback and paperback. One of the best comics ever written, along with V for Vendetta

Goo
We've watched 2 episodes of The Responder so far. Martin Freeman is a very good actor, hard to imagine he is the same bloke that played Tim Canterbury
Good actor though the character he plays seems rather far-fetched.

Goo

Good actor though the character he plays seems rather far-fetched.
Think it's based on the writers experience as a cop but obviously exaggerated for dramatic effect. Doubt a policeman would be allowed to behave like that nowadays.

Enjoying The Tourist, will finish it tonight......or earlier today as I'm intrigued to see how it ends.

Reacher drops tomorrow on Amazon Prime. Alan Richtson (sp?) does indeed look the part. Really looking forward to binge watching it over the weekend.

The Book of Boba Fett has had a dramatic improvement the past couple of episodes
hoping to watch the entire series over the next week or so. Gotta wait til after the weekend, and also finish after life first.

after life is superb by the way. not usually a fan of gervais, but it is brilliant.

Ran out of steam I thought and went weird in Ep 5 and 6. Fizzled out similarly to the last thing I saw him in - The Fall.
The Tourist just seemed to try too hard to be dramatic and twisty, but just ended up being a load of nonsense.

I'm enjoying the new series of Star Trek Discovery - just seen Piqard is back next month too

Just finished The Responder - good if far fetched, but what drama isn't.

Completed the Tourist just to find out what happened - agree that the ending wasn't as good as you wanted

hoping to watch the entire series over the next week or so. Gotta wait til after the weekend, and also finish after life first.

after life is superb by the way. not usually a fan of gervais, but it is brilliant.
Stay with it, that's all I'll say, have you watched the mandalorian?

Likewise I'm not a massive Gervais fan but have enjoyed afterlife, struggling bit with this series, still got to finish it.

Back