• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

This is going to hurt - BBC/iplayer

Funny and disturbing in equal measure. Follows the life of a junior doctor. Chilling comment at the end that every 3 weeks a doctor takes their life in the U.K.

Spoken to a couple of healthcare professionals that say it’s very true to life. Very worrying when you see it played out like that.

Saw Adam Kay do the talk of his book, and it was one of the most powerful things I have ever seen. The ending of his show is simply overwhelming.
I recommended the tv show to my folks last weekend, and in telling them of the show and book I still feel the raw emotion.
Bought his book after, and it was still a joy to read, as well as retaining the powerful finale.
Got tickets for his forthcoming september tour, and will no doubt be asking someone for a copy of his book also released in sept (just before my birthday - handy!)

'This is going to hurt' was painful & good at the same time - slightly exagerated, but proably not far from the truth of what goes on.

Also the next season of 'The Last Kingdom' is out on Netflix on 9th March - will look forward to that.

I'm watching 'this is going to hurt' weekly, great opening episode and it gives me something to look forward to on a Monday

Think it's the cheaters or something that followed it, short 10 minute episodes about a couple that had a fling was pretty decent too, again watching it weekly cos I'm old fashioned.

New series of Gomarrah is as good as ever.

All of us are Dead is great if you like zombie stuff. Korean zombie stuff.

Saw Adam Kay do the talk of his book, and it was one of the most powerful things I have ever seen. The ending of his show is simply overwhelming.
I recommended the tv show to my folks last weekend, and in telling them of the show and book I still feel the raw emotion.
Bought his book after, and it was still a joy to read, as well as retaining the powerful finale.
Got tickets for his forthcoming september tour, and will no doubt be asking someone for a copy of his book also released in sept (just before my birthday - handy!)

Thanks for this, didn’t know about the tour.

Tickets booked, Wembley arena 24th Sept.

The heads-up much appreciated.

Last night finished watching The Worricker Trilogy. Love a bit of Bill Nighy.

If you haven't seen it, it's worth a watch.

Binged watch The Curse. Tom Davis is superb as Mick Neville.

I see that season 4 of Killing Eve starts on Monday....hope its better than 3, first season was brilliant, 2 was good but the last one was pretty poor in my view. Feel they should have stuck closer to the books and probably condensed it into just 3 seasons.

So I ended up watching this is going to hurt. Really enjoyed it and thought it was a very powerful statement on the NHS as well as being a bloody great story.

I was however, totally pissed off with the stupid warning iplayer gave, totally ruined one of the major story lines.

This Is Going To Hurt was superb - loved it. They adapted the book so well to make it a very good comedy/drama.

I've also binge watched all 4 seasons of The Last Kingdom in less than a week. Absolutely awesome show - I wasn't aware the next series starts in a few weeks so I timed it very well. Brilliant characters/performances and some ace action scenes and plot twists. Love it.

This Is Going To Hurt was superb - loved it. They adapted the book so well to make it a very good comedy/drama.

I've also binge watched all 4 seasons of The Last Kingdom in less than a week. Absolutely awesome show - I wasn't aware the next series starts in a few weeks so I timed it very well. Brilliant characters/performances and some ace action scenes and plot twists. Love it.
Funny how different we are - hated the book, and the programme was just as nauseous.

I liked it too. My wife LOVES it, but that's because she fancies Uhtred.
They are also making a movie of it

I devoured the books on Uthred, up until the last 2 or 3 when I lost where I was

Started watching the TV show but as I couldn't convince Mrs Newbridge it was worth sticking with I never got to watch too much of it. Will give it another go....

For those that like their Danish crime, The Chestnut Man on Netflix was very good.

For those that like their Danish crime, The Chestnut Man on Netflix was very good.
Yeah it was decent. Can’t stop thinking of that song every time I hear Timothy Castagne’s name though now.

I've found the Pam and Tommy series on Disney surprisingly good, Seth Rogan plays a good part. Funny, evocative, and a great soundtrack.

Finished Archive 81 last night. Really enjoyed it.

Back