• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

just seen a news story with HBO going on about His Dark materials series 3, which I will assume means the series will also be on bbc in november/december, though am surprised we haven't seen any teasers/trailers yet.

on a related note, i still haven't read book of dust or the secret commonwealth, because I was waiting for book 3 and intending ploughing through the lot of them one after the other. started to get frustrated with there still being no news as to the third book being published, given the secret commonwealth was 2019.

just seen a news story with HBO going on about His Dark materials series 3, which I will assume means the series will also be on bbc in november/december, though am surprised we haven't seen any teasers/trailers yet.

on a related note, i still haven't read book of dust or the secret commonwealth, because I was waiting for book 3 and intending ploughing through the lot of them one after the other. started to get frustrated with there still being no news as to the third book being published, given the secret commonwealth was 2019.
They stand alone pretty well, just read 'em - might end up with another GRR situation.

Has anyone watched This England? Recorded but yet to decide if I can stomach watching someone even pretending to be that useless bastard former PM.

Has anyone watched This England? Recorded but yet to decide if I can stomach watching someone even pretending to be that useless bastard former PM.
Yeah. Started watching it last night. Almost impossible to tell its Kenneth Brannagh, but Dom Cummins is a cunt, just the way you'd expect, and its really well done.
Interesting to see how #10 functions behind the door.
Makes me laugh the way she gets any fucking intern, security guy, junior minister to take the dog out for a crap.
It's not gripping tv but certainly well watchable, whether you agree with their policies or not.
Some good lighter counterpoints too, After the press found out he'd gone to Mustique, he mutters to an aide, 'Do they expect me to get on a plane and fuck off to Tenerife?'
Fascinating to see the numbers of reported cases of Covid come up on the screen, then the actual number comes up. (56 reported cases in the UK - Actual number something like 26,000!!) Shows in real time how China and Italy and France responded and how differently they handled the pandemic. It's really well done.

Started watching The Old Man with Jeff Bridges & John Lithgow on Disney the other night - very good so far.

Evan Peters was very convincing and looked so much like him too, similar to when David Tennant played the part of Dennis Neilsen last year

I'm half way through. The only disappointing part is apparently they play fast and loose with a lot of the facts

Lionel Dahmer has stated that the part about him teaching and encouraging young Jeff to cut up roadkill is completely untrue (think he said the roadkill part is correct but he had no part in it)

Back