• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Parks and Rec is EASILY my favourite US sitcom - I find most others to be embarrassingly cliched, OTT with hammy performances. I can't be in the same room when Friends is on for example - it's dreadful.

The Office is good too, although it's not in the same league as the UK version.

Oh - I did binge watch The Last Kingdom on Netflix earlier this year which is fantastic.

I don't know whether it's on the services you mentioned but the Newsroom was a particular favourite of mine, even had several repeat viewings

Rings of Power is OK, thought the first 2 or 3 episodes were a bit dull and drawn out but it gets better as it goes on. The acting is mostly fine.

The wife got obsessed with Schitt's Creek and she used be rolling with laughter at it, a phenomenon only experienced when I am naked for some reason?

Anyone watching House of the Dragon?
First season has almost wrapped up and it's up there with Game of Thrones, all the same lying, backstabbing, conniving politics, but easier to follow as it only follows the story of one family.

Excellent writing and acting. Very encouraging start to the GoT spin-offs.

I'm raging that I'll be in the States for the final episode so will have to suffer ads every 5 mins on HBO

Anyone watching House of the Dragon?
First season has almost wrapped up and it's up there with Game of Thrones, all the same lying, backstabbing, conniving politics, but easier to follow as it only follows the story of one family.

Excellent writing and acting. Very encouraging start to the GoT spin-offs.

I'm raging that I'll be in the States for the final episode so will have to suffer ads every 5 mins on HBO
Isn't HBO ad free?

I agree with you about the script and acting, I've loved it (far better than the LotR borefest).

It could do with being less dark though and it misses some of the humour in GoT which gave the characters a more relatable and human quality.

At the moment I don't think any of them are likable which GoT did have.

It's a really good start though and I think it'll go from 1 family into the ensemble piece that is GoT. Kind of Thrones in reverse.

Last edited:
Inside Man. Holy Fuck. Where to even begin. Quite possibly the most bizarre series I've ever seen. Completely and utterly batshit mental.

How David Tennant ended up featuring in this own I'll never know.

Inside Man. Holy Fuck. Where to even begin. Quite possibly the most bizarre series I've ever seen. Completely and utterly batshit mental.

How David Tennant ended up featuring in this own I'll never know.
The wife loves it, I thought it was rubbish. Definitely a polarising series.

Back