• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not come off the bench for the last 3 games, he's neat and tidy and does some of the dirty work some of our other our wide forwards don't, but he's been overly underwhelming. I'd probably have him to back up Cunha at 10 next season, but wouldn't be against flipping him

I was expecting more from Sarabia. Clever, intelligent footballer but not what we need right now.

Possibility he was signed early, settle in to the country, get used to the PL and then fits into any tweaks to how we set up when Lopetegui has a squad he can fully trust to do what he wants?

We go down, easy to move on and get the fee back

I wouldn’t be against flipping him for a quick profit. Not been massively impressed so far - possibly another one that doesn’t suit the league?
If we get a profit then yeah flip him. He may work hard off the ball but we need people who are more effective on it. Another one that scored loads of goals and assists in another league but hasn't done anything as of yet in the PL.

Yeah if someone offers us a profit on him, fair enough, but I'm not itching to be rid of yet another player after less than a year.

Valencia unlikely to be ‘eyeing’ anything other than scrambling to safety.

As ever with a lot of these links, how can Valencia be lining up signings when there's no certainty which league they'll be playing in next season.

I rate him though I'm not sure where he fits in our 4-4-1-1.
If you frame it as a 4-2-3-1 then he plays wide left I guess.

Even if they stay up Valencia are pretty skint. I smell absolute bullshit. Oh - it’s Fichajes. Colour me shocked.

Anyway they can just have Guedshit back if they want, it'll cost them nothing in terms of outlay. Just write off whatever we owe.

I really think we should consider a rule like many fora that if a rumour is from a known bullshit tank and is unsubstantiated it doesn’t get posted. As an aggregator Talking Wolves are sort of obligated to publish, but it doesn’t have to pollute here, and Fichajes has an appalling hit rate and is just click bait.

Nah. If its a rumour it should be shared. All part of the forum fun.

If nothing else it creates a debate on the players in question.

If the source is dodgy, we can work that much out ourselves.

I like to use this personalised filter I've got as a bolt on, called a thumb

The new Twitter algorithm is a pain, all those sites or people you never used to see become visible. You can never mute enough. I don't want to click on For You or JCWolves, but can't help myself

Sarabia is a bit “meh” and I’m Not really arsed either way. Neat and tidy enough footballer but his finishing/shooting is pretty shit for someone with nil pace and strength who cuts inside. Was expecting a lot more in the regard given his record at sporting. Was hoping Trincao levels of shooting ability but with more heart rather than Adama goal threat.

He Can stick around as a squad option if he wants but he already doesn’t get in our best team and I hope we sign better forward players over the summer.

Unless we get three/four times our outlay back or he’s agitating for a move I’d keep him. Tidy player who will offer us significant squad flexibility down the line.
We’ve signed much worse for much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back