• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is what it is. I can’t see much point but I can’t change the decision so sort of have to hope it is a future masterclass in the right way.

I guess we'll see.

He's ours again so I'll do my best to back him. Probably won't do a very good job of that, but c'est la vie.

Lop clearly on board with the signing from Hobbs comments. Well until he sees him on the pitch making about as much effort to track back as I would in an attempt to outrun a cheetah in a race.

No mention of contract length that I can see either.

The tracking back thing is a bit of red herring for me.

He was a RWB, he accommodated areas high up the pitch and had Bennett behind him to enable him to do that.

He was a RWB, he accommodated areas high up the pitch and had Bennett behind him to enable him to do that.
But when he played at RB? As he did on and off for four and a half years, when he was much younger and presumably naturally fitter and quicker.

He wasn't playing wing back prior to Nuno, when he was one of the most feckless, lazy and shambolic players I've ever had the displeasure of watching.

I still have nightmares thinking of Danny Batth having to get out to the right back position because Doherty is nowhere near where he's supposed to be.

Lop clearly on board with the signing from Hobbs comments. Well until he sees him on the pitch making about as much effort to track back as I would in an attempt to outrun a cheetah in a race.

No mention of contract length that I can see either.
It's 3 years.

Until he's pushing 35, you know, just in case.

It was a combination of Bennett being decent at that and our attacking shape being weighted toward Doc's side tactically.

Whether or not Lopetegui is willing to make similar accommodations is completely up in the air, as is the efficacy of such accommodations with the squad's current construction.

Sitting in the Billy Wright towards the North Bank end it was a common sight seeing Doherty ambling back. I accept on a quick break he wouldn’t be able to get back but frequently the opponents would be in a second or third phase and he’d still be ambling back like he was out for a stroll.

One positive is that he won't survive long under Lop if he's acting the lazy lard arse again

Hobbs confirms we have to make a profit this summer

We've made around £86m so far on Neves, Coady, Collins, Sanderson and Kawabe.

I don't expect us to spend anything like £86m.

So this is irrelevant (aimed at him, not you) and we didn't need a fucking RB anyway, let alone a shit one.
The only possible way to get close is if he's including the Cunha and Traore fees in this window.

Still £30m to play with and if we were that hard up Kilman wouldn't be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back