• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Porto fans were saying, no one is gonna wanna play for that glorified interpreter. When Jose Moutinho took over.

I honestly despair at wolves fans at times, blokes who wouldn't know Gary O'Neil if he was sat on their lap claiming to know of his coaching credentials. Fucking hilarious.
Is he paying you or something?

He started six ahead. And his football was despised by the Bournemouth fans.

And? It's fucking Bournemouth, their best player is a bloke who was universally derided as a complete flop.

No, he's not paying me, I'm just not completely irrational. I don't know enough about him to say if he's a good appointment or not.

What's his ethos?
What kind of style does he want to play?
Who are his backroom team gonna be?

The small period at Bournemouth doesn't really answer any of these, he was given a job and did his best with the poor quality he had. He's not going to turn Phillip Billing into iniesta is he?

Wonder if Porto fans were saying, no one is gonna wanna play for that glorified interpreter. When Jose Moutinho took over.

I honestly despair at wolves fans at times, blokes who wouldn't know Gary O'Neil if he was sat on their lap claiming to know of his coaching credentials. Fucking hilarious.
I don't want him for the following reasons:

- On the face of it, it's an appreciable downgrade from the guy who was here on Saturday; we've done this before and it didn't end well
- I did see his Bournemouth teams and they were like the worst elements of Howe's teams with most of the positives taken out. Can't knock the results I suppose but there were quite a few "yeah, that would never happen again" victories and draws in there, same as with Cooper's Forest
- He did sort of stumble into the Bournemouth gig, they didn't think "here's a great coach on our hands". In fact lose to Everton in the final game pre-World Cup break and he's probably looking for a short-term gig in Santa's Grotto on the Dorset coast
- We don't need to be shopping in that market and there's no way he's the best we could get
- I don't see how what he did at Bournemouth translates to the players we have
- If the PL are serious about clamping down on rampant shithousing then again, based on the evidence that's taking five bullets out of the O'Neil gun chamber
- It might not even be on the agenda in this window or the next but I can't see how he attracts players. Whereas the likes of Sarabia and Joao Gomes definitely came here in part because of Lopetegui (they would 100% have not come to play for Lage)

He gets my support in as much as I'll be there, and I'm not the kind to barrack the manager at games, and obviously I hope Wolves win every game while he's here. But I can't pretend I think it's a good idea, because I don't think it is.

And? It's fucking Bournemouth, their best player is a bloke who was universally derided as a complete flop.

No, he's not paying me, I'm just not completely irrational. I don't know enough about him to say if he's a good appointment of not.

What's his ethos?

The small period at Bournemouth doesn't really answer any of these, he was given a job and did his best with the poor quality he had. He's not going to turn Phillip Billing into iniesta is he?
We don’t know his ethos you’re correct, what we do know is, Bournemouth a club that could fit there fans in just one of our stands fucked him off as soon as they could as the football was crap and replaced him. His win percentage is worse than the clown that is Bruno Lage, and has been reportedly turned down for a few jobs in the league below. He’s hardly likely to bring any staff from Bornemouth as they have more job security with the owners they have than our current ones. He is cheap though.

He won't get my support.

This is a Nathan Jones level appointment without the stupid press conferences.

Best I can hope for is he's sacked after the City game and we appoint somebody competent.

He won't get my support.

Best I can hope for is he's sacked after the City game and we appoint somebody competent.
I'm not sure I share your optimism around anything to do with competence.

We don’t know his ethos you’re correct, what we do know is, Bournemouth a club that could fit there fans in just one of our stands fucked him off as soon as they could as the football was crap and replaced him. His win percentage is worse than the clown that is Bruno Lage, and has been reportedly turned down for a few jobs in the league below. He’s hardly likely to bring any staff from Bornemouth as they have more job security with the owners they have than our current ones. He is cheap though.

The football at wolves last year was fucking crap aswell.

Which jobs has he been turned down for in the league below? Be interested to read if you can share links. Seems relevant.

Which jobs has he been turned down for in the league below? Be interested to read if you can share links. Seems relevant.
Yes tbf the football last year was crap as well. Il try find the links today if I have 5mins currently it’s just swathes of links of his impending appointment to make us a cracking attacking footballing team that plays on the front foot.

Sheffield Wednesday had an opening and didn't take him.

He won't get my support.

We sack Nuno and appoint Lage, we sacked Lage and tried to appoint Beale, then fortunately appointed Lop, then we sack Lop and appoint GoN.

Why do you think sacking GoN will mean we appoint someone competent? Shi has appointed Zenga, Lage and now GoN, the idea we'll appoint someone "competent" after GoN is fanciful, it'll be another unqualified yes man.

We're circling down the plughole now, it might not be this season we get relegated, but we'll be mid table in the Champ within 3 years, we can't keep fucking things up and getting away with it.

We sack Nuno and appoint Lage, we sacked Lage and tried to appoint Beale, then fortunately appointed Lop, then we sack Lop and appoint GoN.

Why do you think sacking GoN will mean we appoint someone competent? Shi has appointed Zenga, Lage and now GoN, the idea we'll appoint someone "competent" after GoN is fanciful, it'll be another unqualified yes man.

We're circling down the plughole now, it might not be this season we get relegated, but we'll be mid table in the Champ within 3 years, we can't keep fucking things up and getting away with it.
All true but it does seem that after every fuck up we appoint somebody competent.

I'm also hoping Fosun are in the process of selling up by then.

I'd rather have that miserable looking Portuguese fella whose name escapes me than O'Neil and I was dead against him back in the Autumn

No, he's not paying me, I'm just not completely irrational. I don't know enough about him to say if he's a good appointment or not.

What's his ethos?

You actually think Shi and co are employing O'Neil for his ethos, style and the quality in his backroom team? :D

Maybe reflect on that instead of patronising the rest of us with this grabbing-at-straws, contrarian guff

I do wonder what that might be though, I'm as fucked off as the next man, but I'd like to know more about GoN.

We have no choice but to get to know more about GON now, it's not something any of us thought we were missing out on before yesterday, I imagine??

There's an element of the unknown due to his inexperience, but that unknown element is probably just going to be mediocrity.

I expect he'll be a managerial Joe Hodge. Nice enough, try his best, sometimes be fine but ultimately just predictable and limited.

We just have to hope the playing squad isn't brought down to that level too often

You actually think Shi and co are employing O'Neil for his ethos, style and the quality in his backroom team? :D

Maybe reflect on that instead of patronising the rest of us with this grabbing-at-straws, contrarian guff

Lot of words to say, I don't know anything about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back