• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure it's about courage, a lot of it I imagine will relate to preferences and beliefs (and what players you have).

I think we'd all say that Nuno's preferences and framework served us pretty well, as the most successful manager in most of our supporting lifetimes!

You'd think that concentrating on fewer changes in formation and approach would lead to greater understanding and expertise in the ones you do prioritise, and at the other extreme, tinkering around constantly could result in a shallow understanding largely untested in game situations.

As with everything, a high quality manager will get it right more often than not
Definitely agree on the tinkering bit - what did the call Claudio Ranieri ....The Tinkerman I think it was . In addition if you don't have two wing backs who can play the role in a 352 then you could be screwed .

A name mentioned on here as part of selling Nunes. Cole Palmer.
Chelsea trying to sign him.

Lop apparently recommended Santiago Bueno to the Wolves board but they ignored him. Now he's due to have his medical today. Shi with the classic two fingers up.

A name mentioned on here as part of selling Nunes. Cole Palmer.
Chelsea trying to sign him.

You could probably replace the first two sentences of this with literally any player in the world.

Lop apparently recommended Santiago Bueno to the Wolves board but they ignored him. Now he's due to have his medical today. Shi with the classic two fingers up.
He might bump into him at Nuffield if he's still around.

It looks like the original budget is back up and running doesn't it?

I got the impression from GFFH's post the other day that there were dealings in the pipeline but it was something of a house of cards. One hitch and it could all collapse. I'm guessing the hitch would be if City don't buy Nunes. (EDIT Ninja'd there by Kenny/Fabrizio.)

Say what you want about Shi, but if this is true it’s hilarious to me.

You take this supporting lark very seriously don't you

I think its more that its completely unneeded. Its the type of response that makes us look like the morons of twitter, that collectively as a forum we do sneer at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back