• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only me who thinks that Doyle is a decent signing, particularly at that price? I thought he looked good for Sheff Utd, albeit in the Championship. At only 21 years of age with plenty of first team experience, I think he'll be an astute signing.

Yup huge fan of the signing at that price. I watch a lot of Sheff Utd as a result of now effectively being from Sheffield.

I also don't think we've seen anything close to a £50m player in Nunes either. I'm sure he'll look that good when he's surrounded by world class players but it's not like we've seen consistent quality from him since he signed. This is a completely different sale to Neves who I was gutted to see leave. Helped of course by polar opposite attitudes to the club.

Personally, it's very much a Partridge_shrug.gif style reaction to Nunes leaving.

Given what Forest paid for MGW it does seem a good deal for Doyle, obviously MGW had a few PL games and the England experience to add value to him, but it still seems a decent comparison, especially as MGW and Doyle both performed well for the Blades in the Champ.

Only me who thinks that Doyle is a decent signing, particularly at that price? I thought he looked good for Sheff Utd, albeit in the Championship. At only 21 years of age with plenty of first team experience, I think he'll be an astute signing.
£5m is about half of what I expected any fee for him to be tbf

So it would seem we will have at least three maybe even four or five new signings before the window shuts, which begs the question what was the real reason for Lopetegui quitting.

A £5 million option for a young British prospect from the City academy is a great deal. Thoroughly low-stakes if it goes wrong, with a tonne of potential upside.
So it would seem we will have at least three maybe even four or five new signings before the window shuts, which begs the question what was the real reason for Lopetegui quitting.
It's pretty clear that the offer for Nunes radically changed the picture.

1693404531957.png

Stats relative to CMs in the following leagues:
  • American Major League Soccer
  • Brazilian Série A
  • Dutch Eredivisie
  • English Championship
  • Mexican Liga MX
  • Portuguese Primeira Liga
  • Copa Libertadores
  • UEFA Europa Conference League

That we wouldn't have made these purchases without selling Nunes, which we had no expectation of doing prior to Lop leaving?

Tim Vickery on TS now going to talk about our potential South American signings coming up

I dunno, I reckon Lopetegui would have sold him too, he’s a good Coach and you would have expected him to get the best out of the new signings.

Reactions: b3h
View attachment 8217

Stats relative to CMs in the following leagues:
  • American Major League Soccer
  • Brazilian Série A
  • Dutch Eredivisie
  • English Championship
  • Mexican Liga MX
  • Portuguese Primeira Liga
  • Copa Libertadores
  • UEFA Europa Conference League
I'm sold