• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we're a McAtee style player short.

That midfielder who can play inside from wide or central and attacking.

City want £45m for Palmer. Chelsea will probably pay it too, so that's their Nunes money back...

Apologies if I’m repeating things that have already been said, but for me this has turned out to be an absolute blessing in disguise.

Selling a player who lets face it, should’ve been our best player but has been absolutely far from it! Contributing very little, with only 1 goal and 1 assist when we signed him to be our creative midfielder. He’s probably only had 4/5 good games maximum and you’d struggle to name those!

Yes we may not have got as much as we had hoped for him, however I think the deal itself is even better than we could’ve imagined. Also the wages he frees up for us to now spend is huge! Could probably get 3 players wages out of that amount.

Hearing that we will be getting €55m all in one lump some immediately, allowing us to sign players which we desperately need! Signing one of the best championship players of the season last year, one of England’s best young talents on loan. The fact it’s a loan to buy is perfect, £5m (valued at £15m+) is a no brainier if he’s good. Send him back if he flops. Signing him on loan also means we pay his current wage (8k a week) rather the inflated rate he would undoubtedly ask for as a new signing. Again allowing us for more wages elsewhere.

And then on top of that to have signed a centre back, again which we desperately needed for what I’m hearing is a reduced rate for what he’s worth is just a huge bonus. Again from the city group so wouldn’t have happened without this deal.

All in all I think if you’d offered us the chance to keep nunes and not sign anybody. Or to sell nunes so that we can sign players, we’d have snapped at the opportunity. I think looking at the players we’ve been linked with since this all started, it looks as if this deal is really going to strengthen our team and our squad. And if anything we will benefit much more from this, rather than it weakening us as other club fans are trying to say. I for one am really excited for the next couple of days. Which as we all know is rare for a wolves fan with deadline day approaching.

The last two pages I've seen "tore the championship up" and "one of England's best young talents"...some people are going to be very disappointed.

He's a decent player, in one of our strongest positions. £5m is about half what he'd be worth in the open market but the looks of some of the reactions here you'd think he's a star in the making, rather than our 4th choice midfielder

He'll play a lot, he'll be ahead of Traore imo and the first 2 will see their fair amount of suspensions, he's also gets forward more than Lemina and probably Gomes too. I agree with the rest of your post though

Can almost guarantee that when Nunes looks a world beater for City there will be plenty of posts raging that we should have got more for him..

He'll bed in this season I think and then be a world beater next year. I doubt they would have signed him if not for the injury to KDB.

Nunes sale is about generating funds to fill needs in other roles. It's a bullshit situation, blatantly false given what the club has trotted out but here we are.

He also never fit properly in middle of park, so Gonzalez out wide is probably his direct replacement in the squad, though the Paraguayan is likely filling the role Podence would have had as 4th winger/last option getting game time whilst he settles in (or Chiquinho's role before loan).

Doyle is a massive upgrade on Hodge, and competing with Traore in that 4th CM spot, I'm fine with that.

Santiago is Good (obviously) but I don't know how good in comparison to Elvedi who they seemed to have moved on? I'd like to see if GON has the stones to drop Kilman once S.Bueno has settled in.

Hard to know what more we "need" vs what's realistic. Striker seems to be that we're settling for Fabio/Sasha with Cunha also there and Fraser in youths.

I think a starting XI wide winger should be an option especially if we're relying on Neto on the right and made of glass Hwang on the left which leads to RAN covering so if its another LW also means we shouldnt need Cresswell, who I'll still fear being signed until the window is over.

If we are going to go 3ATB often, someone better than Pond to cover could be handy.

But just as it stands now, having 3 incoming and 1 out, it makes the squad look so much healthier looking.

Seen a tweet showing Enso González at Birmingham Airport arrivals being filmed by the Wolves media team.

If we buy another CM on top of Doyle then Hodge will undoubtedly go out on loan. Hopefully to a Championship team.

I think I'd be a bit greedy and want Diarra and Elvedi as cover options, but after that the squad looks fine for me and covered for injuries/suspensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back