• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched the interview and I haven't a clue what to make of it, or what to think about the whole situation at the club.

For a start, Lop shouldn't be giving these kind of interviews. I find it disrespectful towards the club, it can't do anybody any good, it adds to the uncertainty.

What I'm pretty sure about is that there's no real plan at the moment and Lopetegui is clearly not happy with things.
This bit makes me laugh.

I don't understand why people think Lop owes the club respect. He's an employee that wouldn't care if they sacked him.

The owners of the club have earned zero respect in Lopetegui's eyes. The complete opposite is true.

Then they should sell.
I've been saying the same for a while now.
I don't know if any of the fans saw it, but when we had the pandemic Fosun made $1.5 billion profit. I said in another thread what's Fosuns plans, just come out and tell the fans.

This bit makes me laugh.

I don't understand why people think Lop owes the club respect. He's an employee that wouldn't care if they sacked him.

The owners of the club have earned zero respect in Lopetegui's eyes. The complete opposite is true.

Sorry but that's nonsense - he's employed by the club and needs to show the club a bit more respect, no matter what has gone on behind the scenes. Giving these impromptu interviews to his mate that just creates further uncertainty doesn't help anything.

Sorry but that's nonsense - he's employed by the club and needs to show the club a bit more respect, no matter what has gone on behind the scenes. Giving these impromptu interviews to his mate that just creates further uncertainty doesn't help anything.
Perhaps his intention was to give some clarity to the fans, regarding the position he is in, by giving this interview? In fairness to Lop, Ballbag was doing his best to add fuel to the fire with massively loaded questions and I felt Lop dealt with them pretty well (although it resulted in him repeating himself a lot).

I do agree that it doesn't look very professional that he's obviously gone behind the clubs back to chat with his mate. I've seen lots of fans this morning calling for a response from Fosun, or for them to "say something!". I'd rather they dealt with things properly behind closed doors and then signed some fucking players. Oh, and if they could stop treating us like idiots and lying, that would be lovely too.

The disconnect between the club and the fans is bigger than I can remember in my lifetime, and that shouldn't be the case when we're now an established PL club; yet for most of my life at least, we've been a middling championship one.

If the disconnect between the club and the fans is big now, wait to see what it will be like if we haven't added any players by the start of the season. If we struggle in that first home game it won't take long for the atmosphere to turn pretty hostile towards the ownership.

Totally agree that Balague's questions were ridiculously loaded. He was doing all he could to get Lop to say something sensational.

It does't bother me if Fosun come out and say something or not - what I want to see happening is for the club to actually formulate a working plan that the board and the coaching staff can agree on and work with.

And yep - the atmosphere will turn incredibly quickly if we start the season poorly and fail to bring in any players.

Those days in the Europa League under Nuno seem a lifetime ago.

We'll bring in a few more no doubt. But they'll be dregs and cheap as possible. Probably older players with "experience",just like Doc and Cresswell (assuming RAN gets sold).

We'll bring in a few more no doubt. But they'll be dregs and cheap as possible. Probably older players with "experience",just like Doc and Cresswell (assuming RAN gets sold).
Well that would be just plain daft and would not be a policy for progress. Would be more for a policy of preparing for Championship football.

It’s no FFP problem. It turns out it is no cash flow problem either. It’s a spend willingness problem. Wankers.

They were the same last summer though - we need to sell to buy, we need to be creative in the market. Then we slapped in a club record fee for Matheus Nunes

I don’t believe them any more.

It’s less of that, and more of a stop titting around for me.

I get wanting to follow the Brentford and Brighton model, but the former have done it for years: dating back to their time in League One when they were challenging us for the automatic promotion spots. You can’t spend 6 years paying over-inflated wages and transfer fees and then suddenly decide that isn’t going to cop anymore. It’s risky to rip up a Premier League club and start again.

Just watched the interview and I haven't a clue what to make of it, or what to think about the whole situation at the club.

For a start, Lop shouldn't be giving these kind of interviews. I find it disrespectful towards the club, it can't do anybody any good, it adds to the uncertainty.

What I'm pretty sure about is that there's no real plan at the moment and Lopetegui is clearly not happy with things.
I just can’t see Lopetegui saying to our press team “I’m off to do a half hour interview with my mate Guillem in his kitchen” and them being ok with it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t even know anything about it until it aired.

If the disconnect between the club and the fans is big now, wait to see what it will be like if we haven't added any players by the start of the season. If we struggle in that first home game it won't take long for the atmosphere to turn pretty hostile towards the ownership.
One positive is I don’t think we’ll be singing about Jeff and his Lamborghini anymore.

In fact, our song repertoire is really down to its bare bones now.

Just daft to pursue a manager for seven years, promise him the earth, agree to a plan B with him and Hobbs and then go “actually, sorry lads”.
Which surely means there is something more significant to all this.

What is the situation with Fosun? With China?

Perhaps his intention was to give some clarity to the fans, regarding the position he is in, by giving this interview? In fairness to Lop, Ballbag was doing his best to add fuel to the fire with massively loaded questions and I felt Lop dealt with them pretty well (although it resulted in him repeating himself a lot).

I do agree that it doesn't look very professional that he's obviously gone behind the clubs back to chat with his mate. I've seen lots of fans this morning calling for a response from Fosun, or for them to "say something!". I'd rather they dealt with things properly behind closed doors and then signed some fucking players. Oh, and if they could stop treating us like idiots and lying, that would be lovely too.

The disconnect between the club and the fans is bigger than I can remember in my lifetime, and that shouldn't be the case when we're now an established PL club; yet for most of my life at least, we've been a middling championship one.

It was not behind the clubs back, Media Team were there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back