• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lot of words to say, I don't know anything about him.

There was actually a question in there for you.

Do you think Shi and co are appointing him for his ethos, style and the quality of his backroom staff?

There was actually a question in there for you.

Do you think Shi and co are appointing him for his ethos, style and the quality of his backroom staff?

Ok, I'll answer. I don't think Shi is appointing anyone, I think Hobbs is. Considering the former isn't even in the country.

I'm 100% sure those things will hand been discussed, I have no idea what their criteria is and Im pretty sure you don't either unless you were part of the conversation.

Ok, I'll answer. I don't think Shi is appointing anyone, I think Hobbs is. Considering the former isn't even in the country.

I'm 100% sure those things will hand been discussed, I have no idea what their criteria is and Im pretty sure you don't either unless you were part of the conversation.

I said 'Shi and co', helps to read the post properly if you're going to be pedantic

And that isn't an answer, it just shows you have the credulity of a five year old

I'm not 'for' GON by any means but I'm willing to give him a bit of time (ten to fifteen games). Hobbs has some credit in the bank for me with his January recruitment - Gomes, Lemina, Dawson - so I trust he thinks O'Neil is a decent fit. I'm not saying I agree at this stage, but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.

You can make an educated guess as to what the criteria were.

- No upfront fees
- Willing to work within the financial constraints that Fosun have imposed on themselves
- Low wages
- Some kind of record of keeping teams in the division

Those will have taken priority. Any conversations on style of football will have taken a back seat.

What we'll find out when he's appointed is what the backroom staff will be like. Will he be working with his own team? With the team put in place by Lopetegui? A mixture of both? He gets absolutely nobody and we appoint from within (this is the most likely scenario IMO).

Well on that basis Hobbs got rid of Lop then, as Shi wasn't in the country.

I think (this is surely obvious?) Shi gives Hobbs a brief of what he wants, and Hobbs implements it.

That's how we end up with GON rather than Potter.

Yes

Only Neil Cutler remains

Apparently O'Neil is assembling a backroom staff ahead of training tomorrow

The issue isn't how much we know about GON but how much we know about Fosun and Shi.

To suggest, based on their track record, that this is somehow some 4D chess masterstroke that no one but Fosun and WSWolf can see is quite ludicrous

So, with a new boss and apparently Lopetegui told there wouldn't even be any free transfer coming in, that's no new players at all coming in?
Leaves us with just 3 senior CBs, one inexperienced, one on his last legs and passive Max? What could possibly go wrong?

I think we'll get the odd loan in once other teams have sorted their recruitment at the end of the window. Still think Elvede will happen if we get a permanent for Podence

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we signed Alex Scott now. He was meant to be signed and sealed for Bournemouth this time last week but nothing has happened.
It makes no sense why it would happen now when one of the reasons Lopetegui was pissed off was because of lack of incomings and being able to spend anything. I highly doubt Scott or anyone of that nature will be coming in.

Well on that basis Hobbs got rid of Lop then, as Shi wasn't in the country.

I think (this is surely obvious?) Shi gives Hobbs a brief of what he wants, and Hobbs implements it.

That's how we end up with GON rather than Potter.

Let's be realistic, potter has turned down bigger sides than wolves already.

The only way I can see Scott is if Bristol switch to accepting a loan with an obligation which seems unlikely. Also it was Lopetegui who was driving that so who knows what Hobbs thinks of him without that pressure?

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we signed Alex Scott now. He was meant to be signed and sealed for Bournemouth this time last week but nothing has happened.

About as likely as Lop's new deal and £75m to spend from last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back