• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can make an educated guess as to what the criteria were.

- No upfront fees
- Willing to work within the financial constraints that Fosun have imposed on themselves
- Low wages
- Some kind of record of keeping teams in the division

Those will have taken priority. Any conversations on style of football will have taken a back seat.

What we'll find out when he's appointed is what the backroom staff will be like. Will he be working with his own team? With the team put in place by Lopetegui? A mixture of both? He gets absolutely nobody and we appoint from within (this is the most likely scenario IMO).

I'd be amazed if British manager wasn't included in the criteria being completely honest.

I seems that there were problems from the end of May.
So now he's gone it wouldn't surprise me if a couple of players arrive. The thinking may have been if he's not going to be here we won't sign anyone else until he's left.
I could be talking a load of bollocks mind.

We’re not signing anyone, not for a fee

There's obviously been issues for a while, it's completely unfair to bring players in when you know the manager is going to force his way out. The articles we've seen show this has been going on for weeks behind the scenes.

I don't for a second imagine we will be going on a shopping spree but I imagine we'll bring in at least a centre half.

All the noises indicate any signings have to be free transfers or loans

Man, if we sign Elvedi/Scott/anyone for a fee I'll be firmly on the egomaniac Jeff train and think he's playing some games to make Lop look bad ha

His game would be burning his seniors money as he has to pay off Lop to then buy Lop targets. That seems a touch out there to me.

Reactions: b3h
All the noises indicate any signings have to be free transfers or loans
That'll only happen if we sell more players.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few players have 'knocks' on Monday night.

The way that wanker Balague writes you’d think JL was being charged to run the team, held in shackles between games

That'll only happen if we sell more players.

I wouldn't be surprised if a few players have 'knocks' on Monday night.
I can see us taking McAtee on loan. Similar(ish) profile to Scott if that is what we still want.

Centre back a similar young player on loan from a big club. Wages won’t cause us too much issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back