• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
As jd says it is the hangover from last season, but it is a stupid piece of timing. New man has no pre-season as robins has done all that. Should have been done in May if it was going to be done at all.

Pure madness. Sack him at the end of the season or give him at least 10 games.

If there was ever a sentence that could make Deutsch vomit on the spot, it is:

Glenn Hoddle set for Queens Park Rangers coaching role as Harry Redknapp turns to 3-5-2 tactical guru

Beautiful, isn't it.

If only it could have been announced live on ITV by Adrian Chiles, the nation could have created a new world record for biggest synchronised chunder.

If Harry Redknapp is the managerial genius and perfect England candidate that the media like to portray him as, how come he doesn't know at least the rudiments of a 3-5-2 formation? Why need a "guru", especially one who is a thundercunt like Hoddle?

It's also an article from the Daily Mail. It just gets better and better.

If Harry Redknapp is the managerial genius and perfect England candidate that the media like to portray him as, how come he doesn't know at least the rudiments of a 3-5-2 formation? Why need a "guru", especially one who is a thundercunt like Hoddle?

I'd be asking why a manager is using a formation if he has no idea how it works. Unless, of course, that manager were an imagination free zone who just copied what another high profile manager was doing with a completely different set of players.

Also, that would make QPR's senior coaching staff Redknapp, Bond, Jordan and Hoddle. Bond and Hoddle being comfortably the youngest at 57. Youthful stuff, I'm sure everything they have to say is relevant to blokes 30-40 years younger than them. A combined age of 242.

I'd be asking why a manager is using a formation if he has no idea how it works. Unless, of course, that manager were an imagination free zone who just copied what another high profile manager was doing with a completely different set of players.

Also, that would make QPR's senior coaching staff Redknapp, Bond, Jordan and Hoddle. Bond and Hoddle being comfortably the youngest at 57. Youthful stuff, I'm sure everything they have to say is relevant to blokes 30-40 years younger than them. A combined age of 242.

Yep its a new season and we have a perfect topic to start the DW Duracell rantathon! Nice one QPR..... THIS ONE HAS LEGS

Back from Hols and listening to talksport who are very excited about Hoddle's appointment. Colin Murray worried this might undermine Harry - 'it's not just any old coach its Glenn Hoddle for goodness sake!' Brilliant.

Its like his spell at Molineux has been removed from the history of Football.

Thank goodness, all we need is the humiliation and that season to be erased from football history.

On one occasion a rogue caller asked Alan Brazil what Hoddle did at Wolves to which Brazil argued that Hoddle needed better players to work with. Sadly the caller didn't come back with his failure at Spurs or the fact that England had started to go off the boil well before his reincarnation comments.

Never got Chelsea above 11th place in the Premier League either.

He did an excellent job at Swindon and a more than decent one at Southampton. Everything else he has on his CV has a high watermark of "underwhelming". Graeme Souness has a better managerial record by quite some distance but I don't see him ever described as one of Britain's great tactical minds.

I watched them all sober unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back