• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dave Hockaday confirmed as Leeds manager. Baffling appointment. He couldn't even get FGR out of the Conference in at least 4 attempts with a huge playing budget relative to that level.

*Edit*

Actually I'm wrong, he almost got them relegated. Salisbury City's ever colourful financial history saved them.

Dave Hockaday confirmed as Leeds manager. Baffling appointment. He couldn't even get FGR out of the Conference in at least 4 attempts with a huge playing budget relative to that level.

I think its an interesting one, certainly better than going down the ex top player route that usually ends in tears. He will need all the luck in the world under that chairman, Who buys and sells the players?

I think its an interesting one, certainly better than going down the ex top player route that usually ends in tears. He will need all the luck in the world under that chairman, Who buys and sells the players?

I can't imagine there being too many managers who would've been willing to take the job under those circumstances. The smart money is on all of this going Pete Tong I'm afraid.

I can't imagine there being too many managers who would've been willing to take the job under those circumstances. The smart money is on all of this going Pete Tong I'm afraid.

We all probably expect Massimo Cellini and Benito Carbone to make all the decisions with Dave Hockaday just there to keep the players fit. Should be fun.

From what I've read, that's pretty much the case as there will be a DoF in charge there. At a risk of sounding like a young Frank, it's only of those that could prove to be an inspired choice.

MASSIVE protest at Albion

More than 20 supporters gathered at The Hawthorns, waving banners calling for changes to the direction of the club.

Hardly worth the time and effort to type up the story

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...t-brom-fans-in-protest-outside-the-hawthorns/

10415570_10152486014974443_1903290186323085653_n.jpg

"MORE THAN 20 FANS" hell of a shit newsday at the Stir, ha ha ha

It's all gone tits up hasn't it since Clarke was sacked...

He had done very poor for a while.

Alan Stubbs in at Hibs.

Good to see him back in Scottish football. Could turn out to be a cracking appointment.

Really can't be arsed with the inevitable disgusting abuse he's going to get from Hearts fans and the palaver that will follow though.

Prandelli gone, early contenders to replace him Allegri, Mancini, Guidolin and Spalletti.

Prandelli gone, early contenders to replace him Allegri, Mancini, Guidolin and Spalletti.

Resigned within minutes of the full time whistle, I'm gutted. He signed a new 2 year contract on eve of the tournament.

None of those names appeal. The only replacement I should be pleased with is Ancelotti if they can prize him from Real. He has always said he wants to manage Italy, at 55 this may be his best time/chance

Can't see Ancelotti leaving. With Barca in transition and Atletico set to lose a chunk of their squad, he has a clearish run at prolonged success domestically as well having a tilt at being the first team to ever retain the Champions League.

Also seems there's a succession plan in place there with Zidane today named as the new manager of their B team - so in 2-3 years he may be ready to take the reins of the first team.

Depends on the emotional pull of course but I can't see a Pirlo-less Italy having greater appeal than working with Bale, Ronaldo, Modric etc every day.

Yes I agree. It all hinges on your last sentence. The so called front runners don't appeal except Mancini at a push

Yes I agree. It all hinges on your last sentence. The so called front runners don't appeal except Mancini at a push
Hope its Mancini just dont rate him in the same class as Prandelli.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back