• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2023/24

Bit of a downer on Rooney here isn't there? He's learning his craft the right way and sure, he's been found wanting in some regards. However, his time at Derby showed he had something. He has a mental strength and he buys into a club completely. Paying the travel costs at Derby and making sure the players were paid showed the guy cares. He also has some very big names in the game to call on for advice when he needs.

The appointment at Blues was nonsense, of course, but he did OK at Derby before his DC move. Over there he had to work in a completely different market as far as recruitment is concerned and he got some decent results in that shit show of a league.

I'm not writing him off just yet.

Bit of a downer on Rooney here isn't there? He's learning his craft the right way and sure, he's been found wanting in some regards. However, his time at Derby showed he had something. He has a mental strength and he buys into a club completely. Paying the travel costs at Derby and making sure the players were paid showed the guy cares. He also has some very big names in the game to call on for advice when he needs.

The appointment at Blues was nonsense, of course, but he did OK at Derby before his DC move. Over there he had to work in a completely different market as far as recruitment is concerned and he got some decent results in that shit show of a league.

🤣🤣🤣

Tell me you never watched his DC teams without telling me you never watched them.

He is absolutely shite tactically and relationally.

He did OK at Derby in the context of them being punished by the EFL, having no money, and being shit. Managed to create a siege mentality of everyone is against you and it worked - but that was with Rosenior as assistant who did all the tactics wasn't it?

If I was Plymouth I'd much rather have gone for Rosenior who seems like a good coach for that level.

🤣🤣🤣

Tell me you never watched his DC teams without telling me you never watched them.

He is absolutely shite tactically and relationally.
I did actually.... I also saw him play in the All-Star game. Read your PM's and you'll understand.

Norwich set to complete the appointment of FC Nordsjælland manager Johannes Hoff Thorup this week. Thorup expected to finalise contract in the next 48 hours, with Norwich also paying compensation. Has always been the #1 choice for sporting director Ben Knapper #ncfc #otbc

No, me neither

No, me neither
Little google says Nordsjælland finished 4th in Superligaen this season just past, which from the outside I would call "unencouraging".

Fun fact; the entire bottom half of the Superliga table gets put into a relegation playoff!

Chelsea going for Enzo from Leicester to replace Poch

Derby was a bit of a siege mentality due to their feeling hard done by, by the league which masked some of Rooneys deficiencies.

You'd expect if Rooney 'had something' you'd see something since then, we haven't.

Rosenior was the one who had something at Derby and we've seen him develop further at Hull.

Chelsea doing Todd things. Will pay €10m to get him from Leicester

One of these things is not like the other

Chelsea have also spoken to Thomas Frank, the Brentford manager. They want a manager who is focused on possession football
Think he’d get good results there tbf if not a fun style.

Emery has signed a new five year contract with Villa, McKenna also signing a new contract with Ipswich.

Back